Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• nmlc
    • By nmlc 9th Mar 18, 5:37 AM
    • 2,994Posts
    • 41,093Thanks
    O/S Daily Friday 9th March 2018
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:37 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 9th March 2018 9th Mar 18 at 5:37 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 9th March 2018

This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, dry underfoot, no frost.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, both boys still in their pits as DS1 using up last of his annual leave today and Monday and DS2 doesn't have college on Fridays.

Dinner last night was lovely pork steaks, roasties, carrots, brussels, broc and gravy, last xmas pud and custard from the store cupboard for those that wanted some. Tonight will be liver, bacon, sausage, chips, peas and gravy.

Yesterday wasn't as productive as I'd hoped, but some things did get done, washing and drying, today I need to continue with that and get the ironing done, do the food shopping and do some housework. I spent most of the day at mum's again yesterday, she was quite muddled.

I have engineer coming out to look at the fridge freezer, it's developed the same fault we had with it about a year ago, that supposedly was fixed, the engineer then said they could only fit one part which he did and that seemed to do the trick but now it's gone wrong again, not sure what they are going to do but it's only 4 years old, could do without having buy another one. We'll see.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 09-03-2018 at 5:50 AM.
Page 3
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 9th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    • 656 Posts
    • 8,722 Thanks
    Sorry been trying to log in for the last hour. Kept telling me I'd put in the wrong password when I hadn't even tried
    Just wanted to wish Holly well although I may be too late.
    Nelski if she contacts you, please give her my love. xxxxx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Elona
    • By Elona 9th Mar 18, 6:55 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 1,362 Thanks
    Holly pet

Sending you the biggest hug and as many positive vibes as I can manage.

Hoping you are not away for too long and glad that you have a friend with you.

Thanks for letting us know.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 9th Mar 18, 6:56 PM
    • 4,358 Posts
    • 38,125 Thanks
    Thanks Nelskiand hugs Holly xx
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 9th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 3,871 Posts
    • 25,516 Thanks
    Thanks NELSKI I have been wondering and worrying about the outcome. I think poor HOLLY has been treated abysmally these last few weeks. My heart really does go out to her and if you speak again there are (((BIG HUGS))) from me and I hope it's not long before she starts to feel better and is soon back to posting xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • Judi
    • By Judi 9th Mar 18, 7:00 PM
    • 15,839 Posts
    • 67,708 Thanks
    Just a quick one to let you know that Holly has called me and she is now having to wait for transport and has social workers in her home with her now

She wanted everyone to know that she may not be able to access the internet or use her phone for a while now. Sadly they are taking her to another town not the hospital she is familiar with. She has a friend with her atm and hopefully she will be able to have some phone/internet contact even if it is limited.

Its heartbreaking to hear how understandably scared she is and I know everyone will send her lots of hugs which is just what she needs right now

Originally posted by Nelski
    Thanks Nelski for updating us. So very sad.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • ScarletRibbons
    • By ScarletRibbons 9th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    Thinking of you Holly xxx
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 9th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    • 1,921 Posts
    • 18,779 Thanks
    So sorry to read about Holly, she really has been very badly treated. Lets hope she is not away too long.
    Nelski if you have any contact with her please tell her that we are all rooting for her.
    • silver-oldie
    • By silver-oldie 9th Mar 18, 8:48 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 4,231 Thanks
    Thinking of you Holly
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
    • SuperMoose
    • By SuperMoose 9th Mar 18, 9:36 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 266 Thanks
    Delurking to send love and thoughts to Holly. Please know that there are many people here thinking of you including some of us who read but don't post.
    Please put out food and water for the birds
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 9th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 4,518 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Just a quick pop in to send lots of hugs to Holly.
    I cannot believe how abysmally Holly has been treated, is there any way her brother can raise a stink with Holly’s local MP. How do the faceless “they” justify causing someone so much stress, it beggars belief - it makes me so angry on Holly’s behalf.

Nelski, if you are in touch please let Holly know we are thinking of her & sending her loads of hugs .

Last edited by Mrs Salad Dodger; 09-03-2018 at 9:49 PM. Reason: The problems re numbers instead of apostrophes only appears on quick reply!
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 9th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 3,390 Posts
    • 31,087 Thanks
    Thank you Nelski, sending lots of hugs to you Holly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,418Posts Today

10,565Users online

Martin's Twitter