Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Jay2017
    • By Jay2017 8th Mar 18, 8:58 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Gladstone's Letter
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:58 PM
    Gladstone's Letter 8th Mar 18 at 8:58 PM
    Hi All

I have received a Gladstone's letter saying 'our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you'.

I've spend around an hour looking for a template response but can't seem to find one. Please could you send me a link and also a link to any posts where people have used the same response and had the £160 cleared without the need to go to court?

Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    • 17,450 Posts
    • 21,902 Thanks
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and IGNORE it

what you are looking for does not exist and never has
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Mar 18, 9:18 PM
    • 41,196 Posts
    • 82,243 Thanks
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:18 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:18 PM
    We are going to need a lot more information than you have provided like what led up to this.

What is the name of the PPC, when did the alleged event take place, did you make an initial appeal, and where did this take place please for starters?
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 08-03-2018 at 9:28 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 8,482 Posts
    • 7,872 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Mar 18, 6:26 AM
    • 16,864 Posts
    • 26,391 Thanks
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:26 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:26 AM
    Is this related to your other thread from October last year?

Why didn't you respond to the questions asked by experts then - you might not be in this position now?

Do please now answer questions posed in this thread.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Jay2017
    • By Jay2017 9th Mar 18, 12:09 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:09 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:09 PM
    Hello all

thanks for your replies.

This is in relation to my thread from October.

I am refusing to pay as I wasn't parked - as in the photo a passenger was dropped off by the driver outside the station. There are no signs saying that we can't drop passengers. The photo that was taken was off my passenger getting out the car.

At the time I did not reply to their letters because a friend advised not to as he ignored all letters and didn't get a courts summons and I couldn't find any cases on the forums where people have replied saying they have been successful (having the fine removed) in following the advise posted. Still can't seem to find a post on that.

I've read posts about Gladstone's Letters but the ones I've read go into how the letter isn't from Gladstones etc etc.

@Redx has suggested to ignore the Gladstones letter. Is this the case? Have there been cases where people have responded to the Gladstone letter and what was the outcome?

Last edited by Jay2017; 10-03-2018 at 6:58 PM. Reason: Mistakes in text
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 2,149 Thanks
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    So you go and post on your previous thread. One case, one thread. Otherwise we lose all info.

There was never a fine. Its an invoice.

Youve then missed that courts REALLY dont like people who dont engage with operators until they take it to court, and they can end up with costs against them.

So, we have no idea if you shoudl respond. We dont even know if its from Gladstones or DRP, or what it says

So, find your thread. Post there some actually relevant info, and START TO ENGAGE. Youre being far too passive.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Mar 18, 12:17 PM
    • 34,761 Posts
    • 18,784 Thanks
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:17 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:17 PM
    Redx confirmed the good advice you can see for yourself in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum which takes you right through the process from receipt of a ticket to a county court hearing.

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving. You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

And stop posting in this thread. Let it die
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-03-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

116Posts Today

1,447Users online

Martin's Twitter