Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• chriswright
    • By chriswright 8th Mar 18, 6:59 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    what to switch to next
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:59 PM
    what to switch to next 8th Mar 18 at 6:59 PM
    I have switched to M&S, HSBC, Halifax and have been a previous customer of FD.
    To whom should I switch next?!
    Are there any more accounts with cash incentives out there?
Page 2
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 9th Mar 18, 10:52 PM
    • 2,616 Posts
    • 3,413 Thanks
    As I suspected. You are talking rubbish and trolling.

Pathetic behaviour.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon

To demonstrate the fool

you owe me an apology
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 9th Mar 18, 10:56 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 1,050 Thanks
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    I think referring to me as a fool is both exceedingly rude and totally uncalled for. You had plenty of opportunity to simply explain your post, and indeed provide the link in the first place to help the OP. Instead you chose to behave like a child and hide what you knew. The purpose of this forum is to provide helpful comments, suggestions and information. Your approach in this thread has been to withhold information and be anything but helpful. As I said, pathetic behaviour on your part.

I have absolutely no time for self-satisfied and ignorant behaviour like yours.
    Last edited by ValiantSon; 09-03-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 9th Mar 18, 11:07 PM
    • 2,616 Posts
    • 3,413 Thanks

• ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 9th Mar 18, 11:14 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 1,050 Thanks

As, I said: pathetic.

I certainly don't owe you an apology. Your behaviour reasonably led me to a logical conclusion that you were talking rubbish and trolling. You could have avoided that by behaving like an adult. You, on the other hand, are the one who called me a fool for not being able to read your mind. I cannot begin to explain just how much your behaviour is tiresome.

When you grow up please do let us know.
    Last edited by ValiantSon; 09-03-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    • chriswright
    • By chriswright 10th Mar 18, 7:30 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Thank you everyone.

Next step for me may be TSB (I have Santander already).

I have explored a TSB link on MSE site. (I cannot post the link here because I am a new user).

I am not sure that the TSB incentive is as I thought it might seems to be no cash up front and then a max of £10 per month.

If anyone thinks I have got this wrong, and that there is a lump sum cash payment too, please do post on here to put me right.
    • N1ckS
    • By N1ckS 10th Mar 18, 7:39 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    There definitely is a £75 incentive, extended to 9th of April now, for following a friends referral link:

Each referral link is unique and takes you to a webpage specifically stating the offer.
    Last edited by N1ckS; 10-03-2018 at 8:11 AM.
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 10th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,192 Posts
    • 14,712 Thanks
    To demonstrate the fool

you owe me an apology
    This is cashback and not a switch incentive, cashback sites like Quidco and Topcashback also offer cashback for certain bank account openings, but are rarely tracked properly and have to make a claim and it can still get declined.

Different to a switch incentive.

Save 12k in 2018 #10 Total (£25,000)+£5,000/£12,000 = 41.66%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (£410) + £0/£800 = 0.00% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 £1 a Day #2 Total £22.59/£365 = 6.18%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £450/£1,000 = 45.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (£1,500)+-500/£2,000 = 50.60%

Total £5,472.59/£16,165 = 33.85%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email
    • telemarks
    • By telemarks 10th Mar 18, 12:18 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    For either Nationwide or TSB referrals you could check the tucked away Referrals forum to find someone to refer you:

Many folks have spare referrals (myself included) who would be happy to share.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,292Posts Today

7,290Users online

Martin's Twitter