Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• flossy_splodge
    • By flossy_splodge 8th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    • 2,384Posts
    • 1,404Thanks
    EE causing nightmare - help please
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    EE causing nightmare - help please 8th Mar 18 at 12:55 PM
    I have been with Orange for many many years.
    I have now decided as the service and signal strength with EE is SO bad I wish to leave.
    In about November I phoned up and asked for (and got) my PAC number.
    I became ill -I am an OAP so it goes with the territory- and was not able to complete the process hence the PAC code lapsed.
    Now I am recovered I am again wanting to get my PAC number from EE. HOWEVER, major problem. It seems that since the end of last year and now, they have firstly 'lost' knowledge of my password on my account and secondly require me to divulge half of the digits of my bank account in order to pass their arbitrary security.
    When I declined and said please ask me anything else but I am not giving you ANY part of my dank details they became intransigent and said there is no other option but to find someone to transport me a 30 mile round trip to the nearest EE shop and take photo ID.
    Is this really EE's idea of customer service?
    I have always had a password on my account so if it is no longer in place then that is down to EE not me.
    And for how long now have we been told to NEVER divulge ANY bank details at all.
    As a matter of principle it is utterly ridiculous for them to require sharing of bank details to random person on the end of a phone.
    When I asked to be escalated to the Directors department they refused point blank.
    I wish I could say I was shocked at their inability to understand why I will not give out even partial bank details but worse that they are so intransigent as to be unwilling to substitute an alternative question.
    Where to from here?
    I shall certainly be writing to the national press because you cannot expect to blame the customer for not keeping their banking information secure and then expect an ordinary company like EE to get to flout this advice. It's wrong. Just plain wrong.
    So I am wondering if anyone has a direct line number for someone higher up the tree who may just be able to apply some commonsense and empathy?>
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by flossy_splodge; 08-03-2018 at 1:09 PM.

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    !!!8213; John Wooden
Page 2
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 10th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 9,097 Posts
    • 55,739 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    I wonder if the bank manager was aware that it was you that rang EE and not vice versa.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • Herongull
    • By Herongull 10th Mar 18, 8:43 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 723 Thanks
    Perhaps he tried to explain (like several people on this forum) and when he realised that the OP was never going to listen, he ended up just "agreeing" with him to save time.

You can lead a horse to water.....
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 11th Mar 18, 11:34 AM
    • 7,659 Posts
    • 2,446 Thanks
    People who are determined to vent a cause use selective hearing and wishful thinking. In this instance the scaremongered have taken their own misinterpretations to their heart and it would need major surgery to remove them.
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 11th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    • 5,009 Posts
    • 1,603 Thanks
    Jon 01
    Having worked on the front line at EE (well, Orange) it's customers like this that are the real nightmares.
    I had one that refused to give the 2 letters of his password because he'd been told 'Not to tell it to ANYONE', both I and a senor manager tried to get over to him that as it was a password on his account it was only there so we knew it was really him... All to no avail.
    Couldn't tell if he just enjoyed being difficult or really was that thick. . .
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 11th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    • 8,165 Posts
    • 5,963 Thanks
    Having worked on the front line at EE (well, Orange) it's customers like this that are the real nightmares.
    Originally posted by Jon 01
    I know exactly what you mean. You cannot under-estimate the common-sense of the Great British Public.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,396Posts Today

9,551Users online

Martin's Twitter