Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• truth44
    • By truth44 7th Mar 18, 9:09 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    section 75 claim
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:09 PM
    section 75 claim 7th Mar 18 at 9:09 PM

i have made a claim under section 75 against argos and as usual they have turned their back and told me to contact the supplier.To cut a long story short product has gone faulty and i have contacted the manufacturer.They replied by advising me that there will be handling fees and repair costs involved.My argument is that this should have been clearly written in the warranty card which in this case its not.I have spoken to the credit card company and they have now forwarded the case to a senior member of staff.

Correct me if i am wrong is this not a breach of a contract?Surely the charges and any fees must be made explicit at the point of sale whether it is verbal or in writing.The product still falls under the warranty.Should i be writing to the financial ombudsmen at this stage or is it best to wait for the response by the credit card company?
Page 2
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 12th Mar 18, 9:57 AM
    • 3,526 Posts
    • 2,976 Thanks
    You’ve been asked about 5 times now.

When did you purchase the item?!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,716Posts Today

8,634Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have you planned how to finance your funeral? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll...

• If you're coming to the ideal home show today, I'm taking at 2. Do come along. To whet the appetite, here's a pic f?

• Today's twitter poll: When u see a disabled toilet, whether in a restaurant, station or elsewhere, if there's no ot?

• Follow Martin