Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• agile83
    • By agile83 6th Mar 18, 10:14 PM
    • 65Posts
    • 25Thanks
    Santander Remortgage : LMS Questionnaire
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:14 PM
    Santander Remortgage : LMS Questionnaire 6th Mar 18 at 10:14 PM
    Hi all,

I have gone via a mortgage advisor for my straightforward remortgage deal with Santander. I sent all documents across to him and everything has been progressing fine as far as i am aware.

This morning i had a text message from "LMS on behalf of Santander". I have logged into the online portal and been through this questionnaire. It is quite involved but it is also asking me basic questions that the mortgage advisor ( along with all documentation i sent him) should have / should be able to answer.

Ive emailed my mortgage advisor and asked him if i should proceed with answering the questions and sending it off and he basically said that makes sense, go ahead. It just feels like i am doubling up on work and i am confused as to if i should be doing this when this is his job. On top of this he told me today that he expects the mortgage offer to be received by him tomorrow so it sounds like everything is pretty much finished?

Can anyone clarify whether i should indeed be filling in the questionnaire and sending it off to LMS? It is asking for bank details so it can send me surplus money back, and how much the remortgage is for as well as dates of birth,etc etc, all of which i had provided via scanned documents weeks ago.

Is my financial advisor not passing on information, or is santander not passing information on to LMS?

Hope you can enlighten me on this, thanks
    Mortgage at August 2017 - £169,800

Current MF date - June 2029
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 6th Mar 18, 10:50 PM
    • 7,028 Posts
    • 7,034 Thanks
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:50 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:50 PM
    Just fill in and return the questionnaire, otherwise nothing will happen. It may well duplicate some info they already have, but bear in mind that lenders don't pass on everything they know to the solicitors, and it's much easier for the solicitors to have a system which involves sending out and receiving the same questionnaire for everyone.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 7th Mar 18, 8:26 AM
    • 33,030 Posts
    • 17,805 Thanks
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:26 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:26 AM
    It's not a broker's job to complete legal forms for the solicitor representing you and your lender. Much of the time, we would be unable to answer specific questions about the property.

Besides which, disclosing your data to a third party could be considered a DPA breach.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,308Posts Today

8,575Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have you planned how to finance your funeral? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll...

• If you're coming to the ideal home show today, I'm taking at 2. Do come along. To whet the appetite, here's a pic f?

• Today's twitter poll: When u see a disabled toilet, whether in a restaurant, station or elsewhere, if there's no ot?

• Follow Martin