Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• jord79
    • By jord79 6th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 7Thanks
    0 WOW
    Which condenser tumble dryer?
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    0 WOW
    Which condenser tumble dryer? 6th Mar 18 at 6:33 PM
    Just looking for advice really.

Recently we saved up for a new Tumble dryer, we finally selected the Beko DCR93161W model.

Myself and other family members suffer with pustular psoriasis which is aggravated by dust & lint. If I keep the home as dust free as possible it is very helpful.

Our Tumble dryer arrived and I was keen to get the dirty washing which had mounted up started.
    After the first load of drying ended, I noticed loose lint all over the load. I literally had to use a Scotch brite lint roller to remove loose lint from every single item of clothing.
    Unfortunately it's been the same with every load, after the dryer has finished, I have to manually remove the lint.
    I empty the lint trap after every load so it is not the problem.
    After taking a look at the dryer I can see the problem. It is the design of it. The hot air blows from the back and pushes the clothes against the door and against the lint trap at the bottom of the door.

Previous machines I have had keep the clothes in the drum and generally don't go anywhere near the door or lint trap.

I spoke to Beko and they send an engineer out who stated it is the design of the machine and there is nothing I can do.
    In front of him i showed him how clothes were collecting between the door and lint trap. Lint is hardly getting in to the trap, instead it sits on the clothes.

Moving forward I really can't spend 30 minutes hand rollering lint off clothing. If I don't though we all end up with bad flare ups of pustular psoriasis.

The manufacturer and retailers stance is that the only solution is for me to hand remove lint because the design can't be changed. I have no choice but to save up for a new machine.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Can anyone recommend a good tumble dryer that removes lint from clothing?

The most important thing for me is :
    a) Due to where it will be placed, it has to be a condenser
    b) Lint free clothing.
Page 1
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 7th Mar 18, 2:54 AM
    • 12,356 Posts
    • 11,608 Thanks
    • 7th Mar 18, 2:54 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 2:54 AM
    Can I ask the model- or link to a picture of the model? I have a Beko tumble drier but it's never done this. Don't let them fob you off. Get what you were told in writing then contact whatever ombudsman you can, aiming for ideally a replacement or refund.
    • jord79
    • By jord79 8th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    hi Jennie

It is DCR93161W
    • snuff2pay
    • By snuff2pay 8th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    Try throwing a few of the flat green scouring pads in. I find they collect any loose lint and dog hairs and my black work trousers come out perfect. I put a hole in the corner, loop string round and hang them inside a cupboard door for next time (the scourers, I just wear my pants)
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 9th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 31,632 Posts
    • 18,951 Thanks
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    My Grundig heatpump(a Beko clone) does not do this and the door design looks very similar.

How much stuff are you putting in it?

Does that model have the secondary filter behind the door at the bottom?
    • arielsmelody
    • By arielsmelody 13th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    It couldn't hurt to check the filter on your washing machine as well to make sure that it is working efficiently.

I wonder if the fact that it is a new machine means that there is more static - as long as your family don't react badly to them, I'd try some of those tumble dryer sheets to see if that helps the lint to fly off. Or maybe tumble dryer balls to see if they help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,839Posts Today

5,718Users online

Martin's Twitter