Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• olliec1284
    • By olliec1284 5th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Enterprise Car Hire
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    Enterprise Car Hire 5th Mar 18 at 3:42 PM

Last June my wife had her car repaired after an accident. The accident wasn't her fault and whilst the car was being repaired she had a hire car from Enterprise. This was all under the Insurance who where repairing the car (can't remember the company, she was with Admiral at the time).
    Whilst with this car, she bumped in to another car, minimal damage to other party(have pictures). Exchanged details and contact Enterprise to advise of accident as directed on the hire document. No damage to hire car and was returned back and accepted there was no damage.
    Fast forward to now and the other party is claiming for the damage done back in June (9 months ago). The third party company acting for Enterprise has written asking for the insurance company and policy she was with at the time, but this isn't who organised the hire. Also they state she didn't take third party cover out with the hire, but she didn't organise it and picked up the car like advised.
    I'm not specifically asking a question but I'm looking for some advice as it has me slightly confused on how to act.
Page 1
    • benten69
    • By benten69 5th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    Her (at the time) policy probably would have covered her for 3rd party liability when driving any car as long as she had the owners consent. So that's probably how the insurers set it up, they won't pay extra for the Enterprise policy if your own insurance policy covers you.

Best dig out the old documents and check, if that is the case then they will be going to her (at the time) insurers to process the claim from the 3rd party.
    Emergency Fund Savings - 60.9% Complete
    Mortgage Sept '15: £161,250 | Feb '18: £151,651.01

• EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 5th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    With some insurers you have to make your own insurance arrangements for any hire/courtesy car. With some others, if it is at one of their 'approved' repairers then they cover the hire car. You need to check the documentation on the wife's insurance at the time and see if it covers hire/courtesy car.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

1,228Users online

Martin's Twitter