Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Jaybeee
    • By Jaybeee 5th Mar 18, 1:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Equiniti help
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:25 PM
    Equiniti help 5th Mar 18 at 1:25 PM
    My dad passed away last year and I finally decided to deal with the small number of shares he had. Completed all the forms and sent them off with the original share certificate and the death certificate as requested. The death certificate was returned about a week later.

Today I have received all the forms back saying I didn't enclose a payment of £79.50 to use the Small Estates service - well nowhere on the form did it tell me to! And I think the amount is a bit shocking tbh. And they haven't returned the original share certificate to me either, which is concerning.

Tried to phone them but they were busy so waiting on a call back but not holding out much hope having read the other posts about this company

Has anyone had any positive dealings with them??
Page 1
    • GT85
    • By GT85 5th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    When my father passed away several years ago I too had to deal with Equiniti. I spoke with someone on the phone, who told me that I needed all executors to sign the sale of shares (this form came with annual reports/dividends IIRC), along with a death certificate.

The whole process was very easy (though I do wonder if he had any holdings I didn't know about). There was no mention of £79.50 for a small estate services, and I certainly didn't pay one either. I'm not sure if the solicitor did this though as part of the probate process.
    • Jaybeee
    • By Jaybeee 5th Mar 18, 3:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:24 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:24 PM
    Thanks GT85, my dad didn't have a will and I'm the only beneficiary so I've been doing everything myself.

After much googling I've discovered that the £79.50 is £34.50 countersignatory fee and the the kicker is a £45 admin charge!! A wee bit excessive in my opinion.

Still waiting on my call back from almost 3 hours ago ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,460Posts Today

9,734Users online

Martin's Twitter