Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• martin wilson
    • By martin wilson 5th Mar 18, 12:06 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    martin wilson
    DPF Hell Van On Finance
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:06 PM
    DPF Hell Van On Finance 5th Mar 18 at 12:06 PM
    Hi All new to forum and DPF filters, I have a van on finance I bought in April 17 it has been back to the garage around 8 times for a DPF regen which they have now said they will no longer do. My finance company arranged for the RAC to look over the vehicle and they confirmed the DPF filter was becoming blocked due to lack of mileage or motorway travel. I use my van for building work and admittedly only travel in short distances, my finance company say they wont do anything because the vehicle isn't faulty and Evans Halshaw are refusing to do anything which leaves me with only 2 options I can take the van for a run down the motorway every few days or pay for regen every few weeks. Has anybody else had the same problem with a vehicle on finance that is used for work? My finance company has also suggested asking Evans Halshaw for a part exchange but I cant find any petrol vans suitable and im also worried as to what price they will offer for my van.
Page 4
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 7th Mar 18, 6:34 PM
    • 1,011 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    If we filter Autotrader's vans on fuel, there are a grand total of 77 petrol vans, 71 electric, 2 hybrids (both 4x4s, not vans), 7 bifuel petrol/LPG (mostly <£1k sheds) - and just shy of 20,000 diesel vans.
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    I did not search for long, here is one.

• AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 7th Mar 18, 7:15 PM
    • 16,849 Posts
    • 15,145 Thanks
    A two year lease on a new van - and it'll only cost seventeen and a half grand plus vat for the two years... with no van outside on day 731...

Great sub for owning a £6k van. Go you.
    • almillar
    • By almillar 8th Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    • 7,239 Posts
    • 2,923 Thanks
    Batteries are pennies and I know from having an underused car that they still don't fail in months. Cat - how many people post on here bemoaning premature cat failure compared with DPF issues?
    Agree with all of that - but we're talking about a 2014(?) van.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,308Posts Today

8,575Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have you planned how to finance your funeral? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll...

• If you're coming to the ideal home show today, I'm taking at 2. Do come along. To whet the appetite, here's a pic f?

• Today's twitter poll: When u see a disabled toilet, whether in a restaurant, station or elsewhere, if there's no ot?

• Follow Martin