Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• DS182
    • By DS182 5th Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Insurance cancelled (not by me) now premiums risen
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    Insurance cancelled (not by me) now premiums risen 5th Mar 18 at 11:19 AM
    Hi All,
    I posted earlier re someone cancelling my pet insurance:

"Hi All,

First time posting.

A few days ago I recived a letter from my pet insurance company offering their condolences for my dog passing away and that the policy had been cancelled.

My dog is still alive and I have not been in contact with them for a long time so it is not as if anything could have been misinterpreted.

I sent them an email to ask what was going on and they said that "I" called them last week to say that my dog was going to pass away soon and that I wanted to cancel the policy.

I replied to them and said that was impossible as on the day and time they provided I was working and I asked them what information they provided. They replied that the person provided my name, address and policy number and the name of my dog.

I am quite concerned about this, should I report this anywhere? Does anyone have any advice? What would someone gain from cancelling this policy?

Thanks in advance!"

Now I have received a letter from the pet insurance provider stating that they have increased the monthly fees as I cancelled it!

Any advice please?

Fair enough if I had actually cancelled but I didn't! I was working at the time!

Thank you!
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 5th Mar 18, 2:20 PM
    • 26,719 Posts
    • 10,744 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:20 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:20 PM
    Im guessing the same answers to the other thread you started over a week ago???
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    • 31,144 Posts
    • 19,697 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    Previous thread here

Have you read the replies on the thread ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Mungo76
    • By Mungo76 5th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    As per the other posts, most likely someone else is not doing this to you, this is just a mistake, which can happen.....

That said......

They should have been acting upon the fact that you are disputing that you contacted them to challenge, they can't just say "oh it was you", when you are saying it wasn't.

On that basis send in an email or call them or whatever making sure you say the word complaint lots of times and state your reasons, i.e. they are saying you cancelled the policy, when you have pointed out it wasn't you.

From there... you need to use words like concern about data security and personal data a lot, tell them you want the matter taken seriously.

Unless it really was you, they need to reinstate the policy and probably offer you a bit of compensation, whilst mistakes can happen, they shouldn't, and when you point out they have made a mistake, they really shouldn't let the mistake continue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,789Posts Today

7,218Users online

Martin's Twitter