Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Seesaw Life
    • By Seesaw Life 5th Mar 18, 11:14 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Seesaw Life
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:14 AM
    Undercharged 5th Mar 18 at 11:14 AM
    Hi Guys

I upgraded my phone six months ago and should have moved to a higher tariff with more data. I got the phone but, looking at my bills today, have not been charged the higher tariff or given the additional data.

If they back bill me the full amount that would seem unfair as I haven't had the extra data. If I don't say anything then, in effect, I have been given a free phone, which raises ethical questions now I have noticed the error.

So, two questions. Where do I stand legally and what would you do?

Page 1
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 5th Mar 18, 11:16 AM
    • 1,777 Posts
    • 6,600 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:16 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:16 AM
    I don't know what will happen but where you say if you are backdated charged & it will be unfair, how would you feel if you'd been overcharged for 6 months & they didn't give you back all the money?
    • Seesaw Life
    • By Seesaw Life 5th Mar 18, 11:22 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Seesaw Life
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:22 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:22 AM
    That's a false equivalence. I said being overcharged the full amount would be unfair, which it would because I haven't had the benefit of the increased data allowance. I would be paying (in part) for a service I haven't received.
    • sparky93
    • By sparky93 6th Mar 18, 7:01 AM
    • 355 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:01 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:01 AM
    keep stum till next upgrade time. then do the next upgrade as you would normally.

but set aside the moneys that you should have been paying to prevent 'bill shock' later if that does happen.

it is not your job to sort out their inadequecies.

i repeat tho, keep the money aside if they do come for it.

keeps us updated :-)
    Last edited by sparky93; 06-03-2018 at 7:01 AM. Reason: missing bits
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

538Posts Today

5,856Users online

Martin's Twitter