Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• SandDancer61
    • By SandDancer61 5th Mar 18, 12:21 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Switching from Avro
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:21 AM
    Switching from Avro 5th Mar 18 at 12:21 AM
    Hi, I’m very tempted to switch to Avro for my gas/electric, but spotted the following in their t/cs:

12.1 You may end this contract by giving us at least 28 days’ notice provided;
    12.1.1 Either another supplier has started to supply Energy to the premises, or the supply has been disconnected, and
    12.1.2 All sums due by you to us have been paid.

So the 28 day notice period doesn’t start until you’ve switched away from Avro - which suggests you will be penalised - does this mean you will have to pay an additional 28 days standing charge - or something else?
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 5th Mar 18, 8:19 AM
    • 10,293 Posts
    • 4,297 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:19 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:19 AM
    Depends upon the tariff and terms .
    OFCOM rules say for fixed price contracts you can start switch penalty free 49 days before the end .
    • cranford
    • By cranford 5th Mar 18, 8:47 AM
    • 175 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:47 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:47 AM
    At the moment the 49 days is irrelevant for Avro as you can switch from them penalty free. Because of this if Avro issue a cheaper contract than the one you sign up to or you think rises are in the pipeline you can switch without penalty to another Avro contract. I have done this without fuss just by sending an email requesting this.
    Like other suppliers Avro wont let you switch away from them if your account is in debt.
    Its worth pointing out if you have not already spotted it that Avro collect the first DD 14 days before the supply starts but with low interest rates I considered that lending them a payment in advance was worth the savings to be made.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

538Posts Today

5,856Users online

Martin's Twitter