Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 4th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    • 2,853Posts
    • 471Thanks
    iPhone 6S - not receiving calls (sometimes)
    • 4th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    iPhone 6S - not receiving calls (sometimes) 4th Mar 18 at 10:38 PM
    I have an iPhone 6S 64GB. I got this on launch date and then had the battery replaced under warranty by Apple around a year later. iOS version 10.3.1

My wife also has an iPhone 6S 128GB which was bought a year later than mine. iOS version 10.3.1.

For a long while now i've been wondering about missed calls. I'll have my phone in my pocket and i'll take it out only to find i've missed a call, yet i've not felt it vibrate and i've not heard anything (& i wont necessarily be in a particularly loud area).

Recently my wife has been complaining about a lack of notifications. For example - she'll receive a text or a whatsapp but there'll be no notification come up on the screen. She may hear the tone go off to signal she's got a text from one of the apps and when she unlocks the phone it'll be there but she'll have no notification on the screen saying she has a text. This doesn't happen every time but it happens.

I have that same issue also.

This week though i found my phone really does have a problem. I was sat on my dinner break at work, phone on the table as i was reading my book. I was expecting a call.
    Now the phone was in my peripheral vision so i'd have seen it ringing & i'd have most certainly heard it vibrating and ringing.
    Then i see the screen light up, i take a look and it's a text saying i've missed a call. I look at the time & it said i'd missed it at that very moment, yet i was sat right there & nothing happened at all, no call came through at all.

I've gone to make online banking payments & i've had full bars signal only for the call and the call after that and so on not to come through.

I don't really want to "try updating to iOS 11 and see what happens".

Anyone else have these issues?

After owning iPhones since 2010 and being against androids i'm actually seriously considering an android for the next one.

Page 1
    • missile
    • By missile 4th Mar 18, 11:39 PM
    • 9,306 Posts
    • 4,610 Thanks
    • 4th Mar 18, 11:39 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 11:39 PM
    I had that same issue and found somehow I had changed the settings and turned off ringer.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
    • lr1277
    • By lr1277 5th Mar 18, 1:14 AM
    • 545 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:14 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:14 AM
    I had the same problem with an iPhone 4, with the latest operating system of ios

Anyways my mobile provider said I had to do a 'hard' reboot i.e. press the button on the side and the slide the button to fully turn off the phone.

This did fix it. However I found if I rebooted that day, the phone still could crap out. So I suppose if you are expecting a call, reboot the phone beforehand?

• buglawton
    • By buglawton 5th Mar 18, 7:49 AM
    • 7,275 Posts
    • 3,663 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 7:49 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 7:49 AM
    I think Iíve seen the same thing with my iPhone 5s. However itís worth noting that if the ringer volume is set to sound plenty loud in the office or bedroom, it will be inaudible in the street or handbag. Itís a pity I canít configure the phone to have a low ringer volume at home and office, but full loudness everywhere else. I believe Android can have add on apps to do this, IOS not.

Back to the invisible incoming calls: I do wonder if the network is to blame, when congested it stores voicemail rather than ring the phone.

Also, ensure your notifications are set to persist until an action is taken.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

389Posts Today

4,867Users online

Martin's Twitter