Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• jeff_chandler
    • By jeff_chandler 4th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    • 154Posts
    • 22Thanks
    Building a web site
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    Building a web site 4th Mar 18 at 6:28 PM
    Hi all.
    I have just come from Hospital where I have undergone a total knee replacement and now have time on my hands.
    I have been keen to have my own website for a while now and thought this would be the perfect time to go ahead and create one. I have seen many TV adverts for these so called free to make sites but are they any good?
    I phoned someone weeks before I went in hospital and he replied just after my admission and wanted almost £500 for making one. A bit steep I thought.
    So, which one would suit and which are the easiest to make and understand. I'm not a computer wizard but I understand the basics.
    All I want is to record my travels and place a few pics on it. I'm also a real and craft beer buff and write blogs about the places we've been.

Kind regards Jeff.
Page 1
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 4th Mar 18, 7:55 PM
    • 6,766 Posts
    • 5,540 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:55 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:55 PM
    I've used Wix and Weebly. They're free and very easy to use. Try them to see what you can do.
    Last edited by Norman Castle; 04-03-2018 at 7:59 PM.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • Oli.s
    • By Oli.s 4th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    Hi Jeff? Why not just create a wordpress site? These are free. Think if you prefer you can also add your own domain.
    Originally posted by CreditCardJunkie
    I'd echo this, a wordpress site would be free and they are easy to set up and would suit your requirements as a blog style site.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

929Posts Today

6,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Wow miracles do happen. I've done a political twitter poll today and (so far) no one has attacked me after confusi?

• I must admit I'd expected the same two to top both the 'best' and 'worst' PM (of the last 4) poll. Yet (and it's?

• Today's Friday twitter poll 2: Which of the last four UK Prime Ministers would you say was the worst? (To pick th?

• Follow Martin