Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Emilywiththeeyes
    • By Emilywiththeeyes 4th Mar 18, 5:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Not receiving prizes in time
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:16 PM
    Not receiving prizes in time 4th Mar 18 at 5:16 PM
    Has anyone had experience with prizes arriving too late? What alternatives (if any) are given?

I won football tickets in the Cadbury's competition to see Liverpool Vs. Newcastle yesterday - only the tickets were dispatched on wednesday and due to the snow they weren't delivered on time.

I've emailed Cadbury's and I'm waiting on their reply now, any idea what response I could get? I'm not keen on the idea of receiving replacement tickets after being burnt this time and paying over £150 travel to Liverpool from South Wales for nothing.
Page 1
    • Chyna-s
    • By Chyna-s 5th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 18,086 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    How terrible that the postman did not get the tickets to you because of the extreme weather last week.
    • Skilos
    • By Skilos 5th Mar 18, 8:11 PM
    • 768 Posts
    • 7,794 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:11 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:11 PM
    I reckon Cadbury will have covered themselves somewhere in the competition terms and condition, saying words to the effect of they are not responsible for postal service issues.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 5th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 5,454 Posts
    • 93,877 Thanks
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    I agree with Skilos, but I also think there is a fair chance that a big company like Cadbury's will offer you something to make up for it, as a goodwill gesture. Especially so if you explain, in a nice way, that you are out of pocket. I would do it all in writing to their customer service dept for starters and if that gets you nowhere, try social media - again, in a friendly way. You were seriously unlucky re the weather. Hope you are luckier in sorting this out.

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,064Posts Today

7,396Users online

Martin's Twitter