Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 4th Mar 18, 4:49 AM
    • 1,357Posts
    • 13,095Thanks
    O/S Daily Sunday 4th March 2018
    • 4th Mar 18, 4:49 AM
    O/S Daily Sunday 4th March 2018 4th Mar 18 at 4:49 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 3
    • carolbee
    • By carolbee 4th Mar 18, 9:10 PM
    • 987 Posts
    • 6,692 Thanks
    You must be down the road from my parents in Blackheath. Those parakeets sure are noisy. And permanently hungry

We’ve dug ourselves out. I hurt. A lot. I have a photo of DH in the middle of the main road - knee high in snow. We’ve made the national news for ‘community spirit’ with the entire village turning out to dig.

Csarina So glad the news is positive.
    Originally posted by FurryBeastOz
    we have parakeets down here near Margate too. Really noisy, but look lovely and cheery on a dark day.
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 4th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 4,954 Posts
    • 47,984 Thanks
    I am envious of those of you who have got rid of the White Devil! We have today a single driveable track to the main road and too many turns on the road to be able to see any oncoming traffic to try for evasive action. DD3 and SIL walked the 2 miles to the nearest shop......ended up queuing for an hour to pay for the baby milk which was all they could had no milk, bread, eggs, fresh meat or fresh veg of any kind. I had made sure that we had plenty of food in for a week, but will make sure to have more in future.......even in '82 we werent cut off for so long.

Sorry to be a grump, need to get out for a walk (hopefully tomorrow) as a quick peep out the door into the snow doesn't cut the mustard for the need of fresh air.

Love and hugs to those with real problems, I'll be back when I have returned to normality.

Weight 08 February 86kg
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,905Posts Today

7,665Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Wow miracles do happen. I've done a political twitter poll today and (so far) no one has attacked me after confusi?

• I must admit I'd expected the same two to top both the 'best' and 'worst' PM (of the last 4) poll. Yet (and it's?

• Today's Friday twitter poll 2: Which of the last four UK Prime Ministers would you say was the worst? (To pick th?

• Follow Martin