Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 27th Feb 18, 10:16 PM
    • 23,696Posts
    • 154,667Thanks
    #Make Upto £10 a Day March 2018 #
    • 27th Feb 18, 10:16 PM
    #Make Upto £10 a Day March 2018 # 27th Feb 18 at 10:16 PM
    Hello and welcome everybody

This is the 127th month of this challenge, which was first started by Batgirl, in September 2007. A link here to the original thread as I am sure some of you are interested to read where it all began.

Thanks to Batgirl for starting it, lynnejk and ALL posters, for helping us to keep the thread going. Thanks to previous challengers who used to run this thread too, Rawdinosaur, Emmaglet, Nat21luv, Monkeynut, Sweetpeas, Purpleroses, JesaRose, MizMir.

I have decided to rename this challenge as reading posts, it seems to put people off thinking they HAVE TO make £10 a day.

You don't.

The original purpose of this challenge was to help people to try and make an extra £10 a day on top of their normal income to help things along. Ie paying off debt, making savings, paying for holidays, overpaying mortgages etc.

That is exactly what this challenge is about, attempting to make extra income on top of your normal income to help you wherever you need it.

People start the challenge by setting a goal of £1 a day. Then when they find they are smashing this regularly, they up it to £5 a day. Some of us gluttons for punishment go for £10 a day. It really is entirely upto you. We only ask you to post what your goal is to help you keep motivated. Some days you make more and some days you make less, but aim for extra at the end of the month.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

What cannot be added:
    Wages from your main job

What can be added:
    Income from a second job
    Daily clicks
    Mystery shopping
    And much, much more.

This board moves pretty quickly, so be sure to subscribe and read it regularly.

Link to previous thread.

So who wants to kick 2018 into a financially working for you year?

Join this challenge and let's make those bank accounts fat, mortgages paid off, holidays paid off, savings account grow fatter, debts paid off and much much more!!!
    Make £10 a day March 2018 £40.38

January - £
    February - £

Page 8
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 8th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 3,535 Thanks
    Evening everyone,

Been a slow start to the month but managed to get a £10 Tesco voucher from VO and £1.86 from Qmee today.

Mike sorry to hear about your cat.

Lemon sorry to hear about your redundancy, hope you find a super duper job real soon.
    Last edited by swimminginaseaofdebt; 08-03-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2018 #150 - £395.53/£2018
    SPC11 #564
    • savingholmes
    • By savingholmes 8th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    • 8,945 Posts
    • 16,947 Thanks
    CBC - I agree with you - it's partly a way to making my crafting hobby pay for itself rather than something with huge money earning potential. It helps keep me sane though. Just a thought - I don't necessarily cut the decoupage at all... I use a paintbrush and water and then tear to make my shape... don't know if that would be any easier for you.

The guy hasn't called around for the item yet which is a bit frustrating. I'm planning an early night so if he still turns up OH will have to deal with him.
    Today is a new day £33/310 £10 a day Mar Challenge DFD August 2021
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 9th Mar 18, 12:09 AM
    • 23,696 Posts
    • 154,667 Thanks
    HI Mike, sorry to hear your news - we too have a cat and although I love her to bits - I wouldn't go into debt thousands of pounds for her. We do have pet insurance but as CBC said they wouldn't have paid out on a pre-existing condition anyway. Insurance doesn't even kick in for the first two weeks too....

Congrats to everyone on their moneymaking... I'm behind at the moment.

Can I count discounts I get from my DS working at a shop?
    Also when you swap suppliers - do you count one month of the saving or the whole year? I can't remember anymore...
    Originally posted by savingholmes
    you can include the first month of saving for swapping suppliers.

if you move the money you get for the discounts to your savings account or pay a bill etc, yes you can include discounts
    Make £10 a day March 2018 £40.38

January - £
    February - £

• Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 9th Mar 18, 7:48 AM
    • 5,110 Posts
    • 12,629 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    £5 amazon voucher from swagbucks to add.

Money earning will be slightly curtailed for the next week as I am away for the weekend and then have a week off work

Have a good weekend everyone
    Make £10 a day challenge 2018 Jan/£163.14/Feb £116.10/March £93.47
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....1780.35 miles
    Walk 2018 miles in 2018...325.54 miles
    • bloomfelt
    • By bloomfelt 9th Mar 18, 10:16 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 900 Thanks
    A very slow month for me must be down to the amount of luck I've had for the last 2 months. Finding it hard to motivate myself at the minute to sell things as I have had so many time wasters and I refuse to pay ebay fees.
    Anyway a small £3.19 to add from me from Qmee
    Well done to everyone managing to make money and good luck to anyone struggling like me
    £10 a day March £13.19/£310
    £10 a day Jan/Feb £8859.24
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 9th Mar 18, 11:05 AM
    • 5,324 Posts
    • 54,971 Thanks
    Morning all

Sad to read about your cat Mike, and hope you've managed to reach a decision - never an easy one.

Sorry about your redundancy LV. Sending some find-a-new-job vibes your way and hope you're lucky soon.

Hope you enjoy your weekend and week off KM. Maybe you'll get some sunshine as well

Well, the de-cluttering continues here. Finally, DH has agreed to put some flooring in DSD's loft and a loft ladder, so we can store some 'stuff' in there when we depart.

Been busy organising and sorting for our holibobs. Flying out to Valencia tomorrow at sparrow's f*rt for a week and looking forward to some warm and sunny weather after the last few weeks

Not much happening on the money-making to be honest. Been too much RL and bad weather to do much.

Well done all those making some dosh and hope you all enjoy a fruitful month

Back laters
    Bulk buy.......MAR=159.75
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 9th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    • 4,443 Posts
    • 25,012 Thanks
    Morning all

Been busy organising and sorting for our holibobs. Flying out to Valencia tomorrow at sparrow's f*rt for a week and looking forward to some warm and sunny weather after the last few weeks

Back laters
    Originally posted by lynnejk
    Sounds lovely, I'm green with envy. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time

No money whatsoever made here but lots of money that I can ill afford going out. 2 of my appliances that I'm relying on for cooking until we get full electrics sorted and a new cooker bought and installed conked out yesterday. Nothing to do with the electrical supply this time, the appliances just died. They were donkeys years old and have lasted much longer than I had any right to expect. Having to order replacements or something similar today and have to fork out extra for next day delivery as I can't manage for days without.
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2018: Jan+Feb: £273.20+. Mar: £36.80

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Now: £10085
    . Getting there.
    • truebluemummy
    • By truebluemummy 9th Mar 18, 5:49 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok, hope everyone has had a good week.

£98.54 overtime payment today

Just signed up for a email account and going to get a sim card for an old phone and signed up for lots of surveys, comps and freebies.

Wish me luck xx
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 9th Mar 18, 6:36 PM
    • 4,443 Posts
    • 25,012 Thanks
    Just had an email inviting me to join Shop & Scan. I applied for something or other that Aesop mentioned recently, it must have been a result of that.

If anyone reads this that does it, is it worth it?

Edit: Well, that was a short-lived plan. There's a section on the registration set-up where it asks for name, d.o.b. etc of other people in the household. OH is paranoid about having his details transmitted via online forms etc. He's a total Luddite. He doesn't do anything online, has never used a computer or smartphone and is real 'old school. The application process wouldn't let me continue without completing that section so it looks as if I won't be joining Shop & Scan after all. He'd go ballistic if he thought I was giving his details online to anyone.
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 09-03-2018 at 7:34 PM.

. Getting there.
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 9th Mar 18, 10:56 PM
    • 5,324 Posts
    • 54,971 Thanks
    Oh - that's a shame CBC. Hope something else comes along soon. I was sorry to read about all your appliances giving up the ghost as well - just when you thought things were looking up. Have a hug or three.

Well that's me packed and sorted. Heading for Bedford soon as have early start

Look after yourselves and each other and good luck with all the money ventures whilst I'm away

Hasta luego
    Bulk buy.......MAR=159.75
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
    • savingholmes
    • By savingholmes 10th Mar 18, 1:11 PM
    • 8,945 Posts
    • 16,947 Thanks
    Hope you get sorted CBC on your new appliances at low cost.

The guy finally came around to collect the item and paid up - much to DH's surprise. Someone actually bought that... so encouraging LOL.

Had no interest on FB group for 7 craft items I listed which was disappointing - but think I made a mistake in grouping them when I should have put them on individually. Will make myself try again.
    Today is a new day £33/310 £10 a day Mar Challenge DFD August 2021
    • Whatshername
    • By Whatshername 10th Mar 18, 2:22 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    another £5 earned thanks to a sale on vinted so brings my total up to

#013 £10.58/£31

Need to complete my profile on Opinion Outpost to start making some pennies here.
    #034 Sealed Pot 2018 Challenge - Declare 01st Nov
    #064 Pay debts by Xmas 2018 Challenge - £233.73 / £5000
    #013 Make up to £10 a day challenge- aiming £1 per day - £21.38/£31
    • cufc_mike
    • By cufc_mike 10th Mar 18, 10:33 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Evening all. Rough couple of days, but after further discussions with the vet about the xray, and a second opinion from another vet we used to use before moving house, the difficult decision was taken to put our poor cat to sleep on Thursday. She's at peace now, which gives some comfort, but it's without doubt the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

My wife was out with my sister in law and mother today for an early Mother's Day afternoon tea treat, so I had an after with the kiddies. My little boy had his swimming lesson at 3:30pm, about 15 minutes away, so the plan was to leave at 3pm, allow plenty of time to get there and get changed. I had the bags ready by the door by 2pm. I won't go into too much details, but lets just say at 3pm he had other ideas...and it took me 15 minutes to get him cleaned, and in a change of clothes. We didn't make it into the pool until 3:40pm. It's usually my wife that takes him. I bet the teacher thinks I'm so disorganised!

£151.93 from matched betting over the past few days. Very busy (but hopefully profitable) week ahead for me. I'm off next Friday, so a 4-day week to look forward to. Have a great Sunday all!
    Make £1,000 March Challenge: £1,358.99 / £1,000 -> My Matched Betting Blog
    Mortgage Overpayments: £2,174.62 | £1,197.26 Interest Saved
    Mortgage End Date: Was 01/06/2033 -> Now: 01/03/2032 (reduced by 15 months by PAD'ing)
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 11th Mar 18, 6:33 AM
    • 4,443 Posts
    • 25,012 Thanks
    Mike, I'm so very sorry to hear about your much-loved cat. Having gone through something similar in October I know just how you must be feeling. Sending hugs and love to you and the family. I'm sure you'll have wonderful, happy memories to sustain you through the days to come.

For what it's worth, heartbreaking as the decision was, I think you did the right thing. You spared her from pain and did what you did out of love for her. I had to do the same and I know it was the only choice. Doesn't make it any easier to come to terms with but deep down I know I put my cat first instead of my need to keep him with me.

As for the swimming lesson, don't worry what the teacher thinks. You did amazingly well to sort out the 'problem' and get your son to his lesson at all. Ending up only 10 minutes late was a triumph

. Getting there.
    • datlex
    • By datlex 11th Mar 18, 10:59 AM
    • 1,555 Posts
    • 1,395 Thanks
    This week I spent £1.71 in Boots got £2 worth of points. Noticed if you if ignore the points offers for larger spends e.g. 300 points for £30 spend, and just go with the smaller spends you actually end up with more points over the year.
    • A Random Man
    • By A Random Man 11th Mar 18, 11:22 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    A Random Man
    Afternoon everyone for yesterday I earned £28.32 from matched betting, I will update my total for today later on
    Total Debt 1st Jan £13100/£11423.30 (12.79% Paid)
    Make £10 A Day In March (Matched Betting) £750/£200.70
    Make £10 A Day In March (eBay) £300/£27.94
    Payment A Day total: £444.19
    Halifax Credit Card, Tesco Credit Card, Barclaycard, Hitachi Loan
    • Xandersmum
    • By Xandersmum 11th Mar 18, 4:24 PM
    • 489 Posts
    • 2,481 Thanks
    Aw Mike, so sorry to hear about the cat - heartbreaking x

Slowly been chipping away at things this month - lots listed on ebay and completing every survey I can find. Have sent a box of lego to Zapper but will add whenever they pay which usually takes ages!

So far to add

£10 from SB
    £24,33 from TCB
    £5 from Shoppix
    £4.56 from Jobspotter
    £1.00 from Instagc

so not too bad

Make £10 a day March 56.22/155

Declutter 2018 in 2018 3/2018

• QueenJess
    • By QueenJess 11th Mar 18, 5:52 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 3,233 Thanks
    Sorry all, been AWOL and going to have to take a break for an indeterminate time as I am exhausted.

Baby doesn't let me sleep enough and after a year it is taking its toll to the point where I am no longer just tired, but have chronic sleep deprivation. Before anyone thinks that I have a baby and so yes I would be tired, it is much more than that.

I have been in bed the whole weekend feeling so weak that I can't do anything, when I get up I feel dizzy and light headed, I am constantly too hot or cold as I can't regulate my own temperature any more, have a thumping headache, can't focus properly with my eyes. After 36 hours of sleep I only feel slightly better, so going to have to rest as much as I can.

Trying not to think how I will cope when I go back to work full time next month. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and will come back to the thread. Good luck to everyone else.
    Make up to £10 a day challenge: March £310.62/£465 (Feb £519.52, Jan £608.10
    , 2017 Jul - Nov: £2,689.44)
    • lemonverbena
    • By lemonverbena 11th Mar 18, 9:55 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    Over the last few days:
    £2.00 voucher used at Iceland
    £2.85 cashback from Green Jinn
    78p from CitizenMe
    £16.55 ebay profits (after taking off packaging that I bought but didn't use all of)
    so I'm £37.12 up so far this month!
    Last edited by lemonverbena; 12-03-2018 at 10:35 AM. Reason: oops i said paypal not ebay
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 11th Mar 18, 9:58 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 3,535 Thanks
    Evening everyone,

98p from Qmee for me today.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2018 #150 - £395.53/£2018
    SPC11 #564
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,143Posts Today

8,206Users online

Martin's Twitter