Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• ConfusedMan999
    • By ConfusedMan999 26th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 10Thanks
    Suspended with pay.. Will I be sacked?
    • 26th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    Suspended with pay.. Will I be sacked? 26th Feb 18 at 7:30 PM
    Recently started a new job working at a call centre. I have only been doing the job around 10 days, after 2 weeks of training.

On Friday night last week I received a call, as the call connected my computer system crashed. At this point I could hear no customer on the line. I took off my head set, put it down on my desk, and assumed I would have to restart my computer. As I was doing this I can be heard, after having to listen back to the call with my manager, saying 'F*cking computer'. Obviously not aimed at anyone, it was just uttered to myself. Little did I know a customer was still on the line, after a long while, as I am trying to restart the crashed system, I hear a customer out of nowhere say 'Hello'. I pick up my headset and reply. He says he heard swearing on the line, wants to complain and so on. I went through the call with him, eventually he asks to speak to a manger, and does.

Now at work today I have been taken into the office and spoken to by my manager and they have asked me what happened, took notes and so on. They then went on to say I am suspended without pay and a discussion about what should happen will next will have to take place and it is considered a sackable offence.

I'm less then a month into the job including training, what are the chances of me keeping my job? I am not hopeful, suspended with pay is usually the 'You are getting sacked' sign, right?
    Last edited by ConfusedMan999; 28-02-2018 at 7:15 AM.
Page 5
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 7th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 8,118 Posts
    • 5,937 Thanks
    Just think, everything you've learned so far will put you at an advantage!
    • ConfusedMan999
    • By ConfusedMan999 8th Mar 18, 7:27 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    I don't start until April 3rd, so a bit of a wait, I may take something else in between, I'm undecided. I have money in the bank so I could take an extended holiday until that time if I really wanted to, but this week or so I've been suspended had been boring enough for me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,901Posts Today

7,759Users online

Martin's Twitter