Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• twinkle13
    • By twinkle13 23rd Feb 18, 2:30 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CEL ticket - 4 days left of POPLA appeal
    • 23rd Feb 18, 2:30 PM
    CEL ticket - 4 days left of POPLA appeal 23rd Feb 18 at 2:30 PM
    Hi there,

I have read the newbies page however i couldnt see anything that might help.

I found this site late and my appeal (not the one i could have used here) as been rejected. I've been directed to POPLA.

My case in summary:

Used a CEL cark
    I registered a new mobile number to make a payment and later found the payment wasn't authorised. It transpired the payment details were incorrect. (recieved a textregarding this)
    I figured that out called the payment number several times (frantically) to see if i could change the card details they had. No joy as there's no option.
    Tried contacting the head office several times couldn't get through - they were closed.
    Spoke to main reception of head office the following day to provide the infomation. Can't make the payment the day after.
    I contacted CEL via email asking for audit information. record of phone calls, time etc
    Sent my appeal including evidence and was rejected.

My question:

My appeal email may have messed things up for me. as i'm conscious of putting info up on the site. If anyone has time could you view my email privately.

I have 4 days left of the 28 days Popla appeal time. Yea i messed up.

Let me know if i've missed anything.
Page 2
    • twinkle13
    • By twinkle13 7th Mar 18, 1:25 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    What does that mean?
    It would be really helpful if you were to re-read your posts before posting.
    It would help others to understand and respond appropriately.

Have you submitted your PoPLA appeal?
    Or have you missed your opportunity to do that?
    Or are you just having difficulty sending it?

Post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread will give you everything you need to know about how to deal with debt collector's letters.
    Originally posted by KeithP

I have now no exceeded the 28 days so therefore missed the opportunity. I didn't have difficulty uploading it no.

I'll check the post. thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Mar 18, 1:37 PM
    • 55,023 Posts
    • 68,725 Thanks
    A POPLA code works for 33 days. It is NOT too late.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 18, 1:37 PM
    • 16,904 Posts
    • 26,481 Thanks
    If you've missed the POPLA deadline (there's 33 days that you can squeeze out of the verification code) you are almost certainly likely to get court papers served on you by CEL - and they will be seeking £300+ from you.

For goodness sake, do not let that expiry date run out or you're looking at a default CCJ, which is likely to trash your credit score and seriously harm your ability to get a mortgage, a loan, even a mobile phone contract, and in some cases, affect employment or job opportunities. Serious stuff.

You will need to do a lot of work (much more than for a POPLA appeal) to defend court proceedings, so as these are likely, I suggest you do some advance reading of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 (which takes you through the court process from the Letter Before Action, through to the actual hearing). You should also do a forum search on 'CEL Defence' and read up on what you are likely going to have to do in the near future.

You're the second poster today who has missed their POPLA deadline.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Mar 18, 1:41 PM
    • 6,139 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    I have now no exceeded the 28 days...
    Originally posted by twinkle13
    And still you are posting nonsense.
    • twinkle13
    • By twinkle13 7th Mar 18, 1:49 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    And still you are posting nonsense.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Have you got nothing better to do?!?!? if i post nonsense so what... how is it hurting your life?!?!?. DO BETTER! I really don't got why you even bother existing.

It says a lot about someone who feels the need to point out things that really has no baring on their tiny little life. Go get laid if your micro P is even working. I've ignored your rubbish enough. Go troll someone else.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,143Posts Today

8,292Users online

Martin's Twitter