Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • dipsy
    • 19th Oct 07, 3:03 PM
    • 19th Oct 07, 3:03 PM
    not much help but they are not registered on companies house.......

Have you actually spoken to them at all ... guess you have as you say they are saying some sort of government scheme (sounds like IVA), cant you tell them your on TPS and to remove you from their database or you will report them...
    2007 1749
    2008 291.99
    2009 JanMasscara 7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 20 XFactor tkts x 2 58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation 7.99
    total so far for 09 92.99
  • the rottweiler
    • 31st Oct 07, 4:04 PM
    • 31st Oct 07, 4:04 PM
    my partner gets these calls all the time, it stems from when he was shopping around for a mortgage and a company sold his details on. tps is no help when the calls are coming from abroad. we also pay bt to block withheld calls,again this is no help when the calls originate in another country. it has subsided quite a bit since i started lying and telling them we won the lottery though
  • WaterOrton
    • 21st May 08, 2:58 PM
    FSDN Phone calls
    • 21st May 08, 2:58 PM
    I have just received a call (prerecorded message) from FSDN and as I do not accept unsolicited phone calls I immediately hung up.......however......1471 gave me a different number 02031370635. Unfortunately this again is a prerecorded message, but it does give details of a web site, which I have been unable to locate. Perhaps this gives you another direction to try.
  • BECKYC1
    • 21st May 08, 3:39 PM
    • 21st May 08, 3:39 PM
    Ive had a few of these calls. They claim to clear 100% of unsecured debt. The last one was a recorded message and there was an option to press a number to stop having calls from them . I did that and no calls this wk up to now, so hopefully done the trick.
  • DestinyDebs
    • 28th May 08, 7:05 PM
    • 28th May 08, 7:05 PM
    I have come home from work, checked the messages on my answering machine to find one of them from this company FSDN. I also have a suspicion that they have called several times before. Although, during the message, the voice said you could press 9 to stop receiving the calls, obviously I could not do this as I wasn't at home when they called. What absolutely infuriates me is that a company can just bombard somebody with calls when they are unwanted. What about the Data Protection Act?! I have read other posts on here where people have said about this company that they could not find a website for them (the message mentioned a website) - I could not find one either. Is there any way that I can stop them calling?
  • Trojan1965
    • 29th May 08, 12:01 PM
    • 29th May 08, 12:01 PM
    I've just had a call also & after googling, belive the company is FSDM & found this website http://www.fs-dm.com/

They purport to work with National Debtline and a number of recognisable finance firms.
    • Lugh_Chronain
    • By Lugh_Chronain 29th May 08, 4:15 PM
    • 6,734 Posts
    • 15,035 Thanks
    Lugh_Chronain
    • 29th May 08, 4:15 PM
    • 29th May 08, 4:15 PM
    Ive had a few of these calls. They claim to clear 100% of unsecured debt. The last one was a recorded message and there was an option to press a number to stop having calls from them . I did that and no calls this wk up to now, so hopefully done the trick.
    Originally posted by BECKYC1
    I'm always wary of pressing whatever number these pre-recorded message give out to do whatever it is they want you to do as they might end up charging you for just dialling it. Can you let me know how you get on with this BECKYC1.

I've reported them to TPS with the details supplied by Trojan1965. Let’s see if they can do anything about it as I've had loads of letters in the past saying they can't/don't deal with this type of call etc.
    • Lugh_Chronain
    • By Lugh_Chronain 29th May 08, 4:24 PM
    • 6,734 Posts
    • 15,035 Thanks
    Lugh_Chronain
    • 29th May 08, 4:24 PM
    • 29th May 08, 4:24 PM
    I've just received this from TPS

Thank you for your complaint regarding recorded messages.

Organisations that use recorded phone message to try and sell or promote their products or business have to comply with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. These say that marketers who leave recorded phone messages must obtain prior consent from the subscriber before they can make such a call. Where a subscriber receives a recorded phone message they haven't agreed to there may have been a breach of the regulations.

If you are receiving recorded messages and have not given prior permission, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), whose details are:

Information Commissioner's
    Office
    Wycliffe House
    Water Lane
    Wilmslow
    Cheshire
    SK9 5AF
    Tel: 01625 545745
    Fax: 01625 524510
    Email: mail@ico.gsi.gov.uk
    Web: www.ico.gov.uk

I trust the above is satisfactory, but if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Arthur Cummings

TPS Team Leader
    Last edited by Lugh_Chronain; 29-05-2008 at 4:27 PM.
  • mummyyummy
    i just got one of these calls too, i am also unsure what to do but i didnt press the number to 'opt-out' of the calls incase i got charged too. aarrrggghh they are soo infuriating :-(
  • purple unicorn
    Hi, I have just received a call from these people and stupidly pressed "9" to prevent further calls, will have to keep you posted regarding charges incurred. I have reported the call to my phone provider and after reading Lugh_Chronain's post, I emailed the Information Commissioner's Office. Again, I'll update when I get a response. Cheers
    • Lugh_Chronain
    • By Lugh_Chronain 2nd Jun 08, 11:52 PM
    • 6,734 Posts
    • 15,035 Thanks
    Lugh_Chronain
    I'm still waiting for a reply from the ICO too and will post their reply here when/if I get one.
  • Nick_Fr.
    Received multiple 02031370635 calls via answerphone in past few days. Rang number back to get pre-recorded message. Tried website contact number rings for over 5 mins then goes dead. In frustration rang BT nuisance calls and very helpfull. Number provided through Telephony Services. Also rang so called partners as listed on website said they would try to stop calls. Perhaps worth doing this as so called partners will soon get fed up of calls. Complaining to ICO office.
  • Nick_Fr.
    Just spoke to ICO say nothing they can do as no message being left just the pre recorded message on call back number so not breaching legislation as you are calling them this loophole needs closing. Suggested calling OFCOM.
    How can you stop them keep calling? Its ok not picking up but very hard to stop calls despite being on Call Preference Service and ex-directory.
    • Lugh_Chronain
    • By Lugh_Chronain 3rd Jun 08, 7:43 PM
    • 6,734 Posts
    • 15,035 Thanks
    Lugh_Chronain
    First of all Nick_Fr. being ex-directory want make a difference as direct marketing calls are probably done randomly. For example, all they would have to do is pick a number from a directories, that number could be 020 1234 5678. Then what they most likely do is change one of the numbers so the above number would then be 020 1234 5679. I imagine this is how they got your number in the first place.

And secondly, did you quote the email I posted from TPS to the ICO?

"marketers who leave recorded phone messages must obtain prior consent from the subscriber before they can make such a call." This complies with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.

Can you also post the number you talk about in your first post?

Thanks
  • BECKYC1
    Well since i pressed 9 during the call I have received no further cals and that was nearly 2 wks ago. I didnt even consider if they would charge for that as it didnt direct me anywhere. Not had y phone bill yet but if I have been charged , needless to say I won't be impressed . Will keep you posted.
  • superscaper
    Was called once by this number/company last week. Reported it to TPS and Ofcom since we're on the TPS list.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
    • Lugh_Chronain
    • By Lugh_Chronain 5th Jun 08, 7:40 PM
    • 6,734 Posts
    • 15,035 Thanks
    Lugh_Chronain
    Well since I registered a complaint to TPS I've not had any more calls from 020 3137 0635 and let’s hope it stays like that. I've not had a blinkin’ reply from the ICO yet, I'm not sure if I'll even get one. I some how doubt it!

Well since i pressed 9 during the call I have received no further cals and that was nearly 2 wks ago. I didnt even consider if they would charge for that as it didnt direct me anywhere. Not had y phone bill yet but if I have been charged , needless to say I won't be impressed . Will keep you posted.
    Originally posted by BECKYC1
    Are you registered for online billing BECKYC1? If you are you should be able to check if you've been billed for this.
  • PACGU
    If your intersted to know more about these chumps check this out.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02031370635/6
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,865Posts Today

7,226Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin