Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Thr3d3rs
    • By Thr3d3rs 14th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Administration fee and parking fee
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    Administration fee and parking fee 14th Feb 18 at 10:10 PM

Got a PCN from pcp enforcement at QA hospital. (Appointment overrun by 2 hours) appealed online not giving my address, then once they had sent a letter appealed in writing.

My appeal was accepted on basis of mitigating circumstances (I had included a letter from the consultant) but ‘upon investigation we can verify the charge was issued correctly’..’it is at this point the agency incurs administration fees for processing the charge,.... ‘the agency is willing to cancel the charge on the basis that the admin fee and parking fee of £15 is paid within 14 days’ failure to settle the fee will result in collection of the charge being reinitiated.

I am now unsure whether or not I should pay this £15.
    Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Feb 18, 10:13 PM
    • 17,450 Posts
    • 21,902 Thanks
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:13 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:13 PM
    complain LOUDLY to PALS and get it cancelled asap !!

quote these guidelines at them

Trusts should consider installing pay on exit; or similar schemes so that drivers pay only for the time that they have used. Additional charges should only be imposed where reasonable and should be waived when overstaying is beyond the drivers control (eg when treatment takes longer than planned, or when staff are required to work beyond their scheduled shift).
    Last edited by Redx; 14-02-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 14th Feb 18, 10:15 PM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,356 Thanks
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:15 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:15 PM
    either pay the fee , which will include the extra parking time or fight them with a possibility of paying £100

you had parked outside there rules , you did not inform them until presumably they paid for DVLA access and young tracy to type a letter and dont forget the postage stamp !

upto you
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Thr3d3rs
    • By Thr3d3rs 15th Feb 18, 12:02 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    • 15th Feb 18, 12:02 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 12:02 AM
    Thanks, that’s really helpful. Just begrudge paying anything when it was not my fault I was late back - and had no way of renewing the ticket without possible missing the app and losing my place in the queue.

Also I wonder how the £15 is itemised, seems a very round figure.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Feb 18, 12:55 AM
    • 34,761 Posts
    • 18,784 Thanks
    • 15th Feb 18, 12:55 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 12:55 AM
    Your op says your appeal was "accepted", yet you have then been been asked to pay a new "admin fee" as well as for the parking fee you look to have agreed you owe.

They can't have it both ways!

They either accepted your appeal or rejected it!

Follow the advice in #2 and show Pals this correspondence you have received after submitting your successful appeal
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 15th Feb 18, 8:14 AM
    • 2,737 Posts
    • 4,104 Thanks
    • 15th Feb 18, 8:14 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 8:14 AM
    You are dealing with scammers whose only interest is money, look how they try to legitimise their grubby operation by calling themselves an "agency"!

They accepted your appeal on mitigation that should be the end to it, they are unlikely to go any further with this anyway:

I suspect that the hospital may make them cancel in such circumstances but they are trying it on to extort at least something out of you.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Feb 18, 9:18 AM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 2,149 Thanks
    • 15th Feb 18, 9:18 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 9:18 AM
    Did they specifically state they accepted the appeal? No paraphrasing?

If they didn, then tough titties. Accepting the appeal means the PCN must be cancelled. no ifs or buts.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 8,482 Posts
    • 7,872 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    Several MPs expressed their concern about Hospital car park scams recently in the HoC. Watch the debate here

and complain in robust terms to your MP that this hospital is not following hospital car park guidelines If every MP votes for this bill the scammers may be out of work by Chrtistmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 15-02-2018 at 9:37 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 15th Feb 18, 10:42 AM
    • 2,100 Posts
    • 3,756 Thanks
    • 15th Feb 18, 10:42 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 10:42 AM
    Can't see how Parkshield are still operating here as their client, from whom they derive their authority has gone. There can't be any authority from Carillion and the Trust don't own the land.

Why not ask some searching questions and have a bit of fun with them. Invite them to take you to court and show their contract.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

1,522Users online

Martin's Twitter