Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 14th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    • 4,089Posts
    • 3,523Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    Spam
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    Spam 14th Feb 18 at 6:33 PM
    Well, I suppose the recent flood of "support telephone numbers" spam makes a pleasant change from the old kitchens, black magic love potions and fake passport rubbish.

Just a thought - but can we not limit a new user to starting, say, a maximum of 2 or 3 ( or even 1 ) new posts per day ? Genuine people who join and need help can post a question, then reply to it without limit. If someone joins with a genuine query then it's unlikely they're going to want to start multiple new posts in their first day. But limiting the number of new threads they're allowed to start would surely help ? And would it be possible to permanently block the IP address of an obvious spammer from ever joining again ?

Dunno, I'm no expert in such matters, just a thought. But these forums are so incredibly useful for folks who are in real need of advice, and who - in many cases - are at their wits' end. There must be a way of keeping the trolls and spammers away ? Quite apart from anything else, the Board Guides must be getting fed up to the back teeth with deleting all the rubbish. I'm sure their time would be much better spent on less tedious activities.
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,950Posts Today

7,481Users online

Martin's Twitter