Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Byers
    • By Byers 14th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Byers
    Excel Parking
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    Excel Parking 14th Feb 18 at 6:29 PM
    My wife recently received a Parking Charge Notice from Excel Parking, which we have obviously contested, since we kept proof of the ticket, however she didn!!!8217;t realise she had to enter the car reg number when paying and unknowingly keyed in "D0". The appeals have now gone to IAS which We!!!8217;re not very confident in winning after only providing limited evidence. I!!!8217;m trying to find out who the current owners are of Feethams Leisure Car Park in Darlington, to ask their view, but after numerous phone calls no one seems to want to help. If / once the appeal is refused at arbitration, should I ignore any debt collector correspondence and wait for court letters?
    Last edited by Byers; 15-02-2018 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to state in my initial thread that we unknowingly typed "D0" as the reg number.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    • 16,685 Posts
    • 26,089 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    The appeals have now gone to IAS which We!!!8217;re not very confident in winning after only providing limited evidence.
    You will almost certainly not win at the IAS.

If / once the appeal is refused at arbitration, should I ignore any debt collector correspondence and wait for court letters?
    That's about it - tough it out meantime, robustly defend (with help from the forum) if they issue a small claim. Ignore debt collectors - powerless oxygen thieves.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Byers
    • By Byers 14th Feb 18, 6:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Byers
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:45 PM
    Thank you!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Feb 18, 6:45 PM
    • 5,713 Posts
    • 4,428 Thanks
    KeithP
    These people seem to be the Managing Agents:

Ask them why their agent's machinery allowed a ticket to be issued without a registration number being entered.
    Put simply, that is entrapment.
    Explain to them that they are jointly responsible for their agent's shortcomings.
    Last edited by KeithP; 14-02-2018 at 6:48 PM.
    • Byers
    • By Byers 14th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Byers
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    Thank you KeithP
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    • 5,713 Posts
    • 4,428 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    Sorry, perhaps feethamsdarlington.co.uk would be more appropriate.

They list Urban & Civic as Developers and Owners with their contact details.
    • Byers
    • By Byers 14th Feb 18, 9:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Byers
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:31 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:31 PM
    Thanks again KeithP. Much appreciated. I’ll call them in the morning
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,300Posts Today

7,701Users online

Martin's Twitter