Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Will2911
    • By Will2911 14th Feb 18, 5:21 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Will2911
    Application tracker showing offer stage but....
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:21 PM
    Application tracker showing offer stage but.... 14th Feb 18 at 5:21 PM
    So I have had an assessment and interview for a job I really want. The interview was 10 days ago and at the time they said it would be some time before I heard. When I checked the application tracker yesterday it said I was at offer stage. I emailed HR and they replied that I was currently being held in a reserve pool and they would contact me In Early March once all interviews and assessments were completed with a final decision. My wife thinks this means I will probably get the job. However my parents think it means that they are offering other people the job first and if they don't get their preffered candidates they will come back to me

Anyone got any idea?
Page 1
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 14th Feb 18, 5:22 PM
    • 2,353 Posts
    • 2,236 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:22 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:22 PM
    So I have had an assessment and interview for a job I really want. The interview was 10 days ago and at the time they said it would be some time before I heard. When I checked the application tracker yesterday it said I was at offer stage. I emailed HR and they replied that I was currently being held in a reserve pool and they would contact me In Early March once all interviews and assessments were completed with a final decision. My wife thinks this means I will probably get the job. However my parents think it means that they are offering other people the job first and if they don't get their preffered candidates they will come back to me

Anyone got any idea?
    Originally posted by Will2911
    It sounds like there's a lot of jobs available? If this is a single role, you haven't got it.
    • Lavendyr
    • By Lavendyr 14th Feb 18, 6:22 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    Lavendyr
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:22 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:22 PM
    Is this something like a graduate scheme or similar? If you're in a reserve pool then I agree with your parents that they are offering to others first.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 14th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 4,566 Posts
    • 4,827 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    It could also be Civil Service recruitment as it sounds like the way they work.
    Whatever the basis though I read it as not being offered a job at this stage, there are others the job/jobs is/are being offered to first. If any of those decline the offer they will move down to the reserve pool. That pool could be 1 or 100 people so I would advise against getting too excited at this stage.
    • Will2911
    • By Will2911 14th Feb 18, 6:46 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Will2911
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:46 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:46 PM
    Yes there are a number of positions available. It is a role for a rail company.

I want to believe they're telling the truth,that they still have more interviews and assessments to do. But I doubt, sigh
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 14th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    • 4,566 Posts
    • 4,827 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    I have no reason to think that what the HR department has told you isn't true. Interviews for a large organisation can take several weeks, but that doesn't change the basic fact that you have been placed on the reserve pool. Reserves for jobs, just like reserves in football are there as cover but aren't first choice.
    Sorry if that sounds harsh or blunt, but it's the way it is.
    • Will2911
    • By Will2911 15th Feb 18, 7:48 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Will2911
    • 15th Feb 18, 7:48 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 7:48 AM
    Sigh. I might as well give up then. I'm stuck in my current job with no prospect of getting out
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 15th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 2,144 Posts
    • 3,263 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • 15th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    Best case scenario I can see from that is that they haven't ruled you out but are still going through the process so no decisions have been made yet.

More likely they have a few preferred candidates and are finalising them, but holding you in reserve.

The one thing it certainly doesn't mean is that you will "probably get the the job" - sorry but I can see no way of interpreting it to mean that.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 15th Feb 18, 10:46 AM
    • 2,336 Posts
    • 6,455 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    • 15th Feb 18, 10:46 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 10:46 AM
    Sigh. I might as well give up then. I'm stuck in my current job with no prospect of getting out
    Originally posted by Will2911
    Well that's very defeatist! You've at least impressed them enough that you've not got an outright rejection and you are still in the running even if not the first choice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

998Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @brendyeire: @MartinSLewis A good bit more. Would have eaten more ten years ago, but was a student then. Now working FT and can afford m?

• RT @twikki: @MartinSLewis Quit meat in January and saved about £50-100 a month on my shopping and eating out. Feel a lot healthier about my?

• Today's twitter poll: How much meat & poultry do you eat now compared to ten years ago?

• Follow Martin