Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SteveTheTreasurer
    • By SteveTheTreasurer 14th Feb 18, 5:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SteveTheTreasurer
    Solar Water Panels
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:04 PM
    Solar Water Panels 14th Feb 18 at 5:04 PM
    Do solar water panels need servicing?
Page 1
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 14th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    tonyh66
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    good question, its a sealed loop system I suppose you could drain it and add some fresh antifreeze to the system.
    • Furts
    • By Furts 15th Feb 18, 9:28 AM
    • 3,856 Posts
    • 2,453 Thanks
    Furts
    • 15th Feb 18, 9:28 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 9:28 AM
    I would expect manufacturer details and serial numbers on the panels. Which means you can trace recommendations via this. Phone, email or Google this.

You should have the installation and operating details somewhere, and I suspect any servicing requirements will be listed there. Over to you here.

I am a building bod, not a panel installer but have vague recollections about panels loosing pressure, and glycol (yellowy green) antifreeze certainly breaks down with time. This has always been an issue with cars which is why anti freeze renewal is every three years typically. Modern anti freeze is non glycol, and hence longer lasting - the pink stuff you see in cars. Only you will know what was fitted in your panels. Regardless, at some stage this anti freeze will need renewing.
    Last edited by Furts; 15-02-2018 at 9:37 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,239Posts Today

9,022Users online

Martin's Twitter