Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 14th Feb 18, 4:47 PM
    • 66Posts
    • 16Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    ESA medical. Only in there 15 minutes,
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:47 PM
    ESA medical. Only in there 15 minutes, 14th Feb 18 at 4:47 PM
    I was really anxious. My supporting living manager gave him a letter my LD community nurse wrote me, The assessor looked at it and said if I'd of send the letter in at the beginning I wouldn't of been called to the assessment and it had enough information in to be paper based. He only had little information my social services appointee wrote until the letter He asked me about my support team and what they did, He didn't fill anything in on the computer. My supporting living manager asked him what happens now and he said he can see I have a severe disability and I will continue getting my same payments as usual.

I'm on DLA. can I start a claim for PIP while still bing on DLA for the change over? I want to send them all my doctors letters all at once and I might not be called to a medical. How long does it take to make a new claims, is this a good idea?
Page 1
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    • 1,984 Posts
    • 6,014 Thanks
    Penitent
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    I can't speak to applying for PIP before the changeover, but I woldn't send them ALL your Dr's letters. I can barely get them to read the 2-3 relevant letters I send them, so if you send them a great wodge there's a chance they won't bother reviewing them. It's better to send recent letters that show how you meet the criteria.
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 14th Feb 18, 5:43 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:43 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:43 PM
    I only took one letter into my assessment today, it was relevant and that letter ended the medical in 15 minutes. I can get a similar letter plus supported living support plans which are relevant. I don't mean sending them everything.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 14th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 4,561 Posts
    • 4,817 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    You won't get any more on PIP than you currently get on DLA so there is no benefit to you in asking to transfer to PIP. Although it may be an issue in your case, the qualifying conditions for PIP are harder to meet than those for DLA. I would advise staying on DLA until you have to transfer.
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 14th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    The benefit I can get all my reports written now. God knows who my care team will be in the future
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,212Posts Today

7,909Users online

Martin's Twitter