Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maka344
    • By Maka344 14th Feb 18, 4:10 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Maka344
    Clydesdale Mortgage Process/Questions
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:10 PM
    Clydesdale Mortgage Process/Questions 14th Feb 18 at 4:10 PM
    Dear all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

We are selling our flat and buying a house.

My husband and I have applied for a mortgage with Clydesdale via a broker. My husband is in full time perm employment and I am on a Fixed Term Contract paid via my companies payroll and receive benefits. My contract was a year from April 17 to 18 but extended in Jan to Oct 18.

Our broker said he had conversations with a case manager and underwriter and they'd take our application thus, CB were chosen.

23rd Jan Full Application
    25th Jan Valuation instructed
    29th Jan Valuation completed
    31st Jan Valuation accepted by CB and broker said they are willing to lend at the requested amount
    7th Feb Broker requested declaration and direct debit mandate to be signed and a copy of my employment contract (requested by CB)
    12th Feb husband hard credit search but nothing on my file
    14th Feb CB requested details of my employment history and my last two year p60's

I am worried that my employment situation is going to have an impact, does anything have any experience with CB?

CB will not speak to me directly and my broker is very slow at getting back to me. is it possible to find out who my case manager is at the Bank?

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Amst
    • By Amst 14th Feb 18, 6:24 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Amst
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:24 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:24 PM
    Clydesdale are very picky and very slow but the valuation is usually where they fall down so if you're past this point I wouldn't worry too much.
    • Maka344
    • By Maka344 14th Feb 18, 7:06 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Maka344
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:06 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:06 PM
    Thank you, but I read that when applying via a Broker to Clydesdale, the valuation is the first part of the process.
    • Maka344
    • By Maka344 18th Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Maka344
    • 18th Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    • 18th Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    Still waiting for an update

My broker is rubbish at coming back to us and we feel very much in the dark.

I read that CB broker applications typically: Valuation>Underwriting>Credit Check>Offer. Where as our credit files show the hard credit checks on the 12th, then they requested the P60's.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

2,172Users online

Martin's Twitter