Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrvillicus
    • By mrvillicus 14th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mrvillicus
    Environmental search issue when selling property
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    Environmental search issue when selling property 14th Feb 18 at 1:29 PM
    I'm halfway through the sale of my house and an issue has arisen where the latest search says the property may have been built on contaminated land. When we purchased the property the environmental and mining search was clear so I'm now confused.

I was told the searches are now "stricter", says who though? Has the government requirement changed?
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 14th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 6,845 Posts
    • 6,788 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    Doubt it's anything to do with government requirements, probably just that the new search is looking at additional (or changed) information compared with your previous one. Without knowing the specifics it's difficult to comment further on it - do you know why they suspect it is (or was) contaminated?
    • mrvillicus
    • By mrvillicus 14th Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrvillicus
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    The search came back with "there is a Risk identified that the site may be identified as Contaminated Land and in big red letters it states IN NEED OF FURTHER ASSESSMENT!"

I have been told that if we had an NHBC certificate that should be enough to pass the search but I don't think we have one for the property
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

393Posts Today

4,459Users online

Martin's Twitter