Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IronLung
    • By IronLung 14th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    IronLung
    PPS POPLA Appeal
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    PPS POPLA Appeal 14th Feb 18 at 1:04 PM
    Hi everybody,

I've been reading through the posts on this forum for a couple of months now (have read the newbies sticky). Excellent resource, big thanks to all those involved.

On the 20th Nov a pcn was received (£60) on the windscreen from PPS (London) Ltd for parking in a car park where it was permit holders only. The driver was there visiting a business (the people who run the business told the driver afterwards that had the driver parked right outside their building rather than on the other side of the small road a ticket wouldnt have been issued - even though this is on the same land - this is because when PPS first started operating there they complained about getting tickets for parking outside their business - sure enough the following week the car was parked where they said and no ticket).
    It was dark when the car was parked, the signs are not lit up and on very high posts.
    A 'Reminder Notice' was received (NTK?) 38 days later on the 28th Dec saying the charge had gone up from £60 to £100.
    I followed the guidance on the sticky and sent them an appeal email which they rejected - this was 5 days ago on the 9th.
    So I've now got to appeal to POPLA - but I'm starting to feel a bit out of my depth, I haven't been able to find anything up to date that I can use in my appeal on these boards.. or maybe I'm just being green! Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction or give me any advice? I would really appreciate it. I would usually ask my dad to help me with this kind of thing but he's away at the moment!

I was so close to just paying the £100 the other day to save anymore hassle but then I though f*@k giving any money to these lot especially when I don't have much to start with!
    Last edited by IronLung; 14-02-2018 at 4:40 PM. Reason: correction on info
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 53,942 Posts
    • 67,618 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:05 PM
    I haven't been able to find anything up to date that I can use in my appeal on these boards.
    You simply need to read post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky...POPLA template points. Put them together.

Hope you did not say who was driving in the appeal, and that the keeper appealed.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• IronLung
    • By IronLung 14th Feb 18, 1:22 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    IronLung
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:22 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:22 PM
    Thanks for the super quick response..
    No i didn't say who was driving, i used the template appeal letter from this forum.
    I'll have another look at post #3 and draft an appeal.. Hope it's ok if I post it here for feedback before I send it.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 14th Feb 18, 1:27 PM
    • 862 Posts
    • 1,062 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:27 PM
    It was dark when I parked, the signs are not lit up and on very high posts.

you have been back at roughly the same time and taken photo's?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 14th Feb 18, 1:27 PM
    • 2,504 Posts
    • 3,093 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    yes post here first

Ralph
    • IronLung
    • By IronLung 14th Feb 18, 1:36 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    IronLung
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:36 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:36 PM
    It was dark when I parked, the signs are not lit up and on very high posts.

you have been back at roughly the same time and taken photo's?

No I haven't, I've been away, and since I got back have had pneumonia and then pleurisy! Plus it's about an hour drive from my house - but I do plan to go back and get some photographic evidence!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Feb 18, 12:16 AM
    • 53,942 Posts
    • 67,618 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Feb 18, 12:16 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 12:16 AM
    Good, that can win at POPLA, being careful of course not to imply who was driving when you add a few words and embed your own photos of dark signs, into the template POPLA point about 'unclear signs' that's just one of several points you can find in the NEWBIES thread post #3.

The idea is partly to make POPLA appeals so long that most PPCs will fold. And they do!

Obviously your first 2 points will be the standard 'no keeper liability' argument pointing out that this wasn't compliant with para 8 of Schedule 4 (you can play spot the difference & work out how):
    A 'Reminder Notice' was received (NTK?) 38 days later on the 28th Dec saying the charge had gone up from £60 to £100.
    and #2 will be the standard 'The appellant has not been shown to be the individual liable'.

Then 'no landowner authority, then last but not least, a really long 'unclear signage' point, illustrated with your photos showing unreadable terms in pitch black!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-02-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,353Posts Today

8,080Users online

Martin's Twitter