Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frank99
    • By Frank99 14th Feb 18, 11:35 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Frank99
    Georgian Bar Windows?
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:35 AM
    Georgian Bar Windows? 14th Feb 18 at 11:35 AM
    Most of my neighbours are getting Georgian style upvc windows and i was wondering if they are more secure in terms of burglary, if someone smashed one of the small windows does the frame still stay in place or fall out along with the glass.
Page 1
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 14th Feb 18, 12:43 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    tonyh66
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:43 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:43 PM
    I have a feeling the thin bars are just on the surface of the glass, so break the window breaks all of the glass, but I stand to be corrected.
    • Furts
    • By Furts 14th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 3,853 Posts
    • 2,449 Thanks
    Furts
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    As above, but if you have real security concerns then get the units made with a laminated glass. Ideally on the outside - check with the sealed unit manufacturer. Be aware it will be thicker glass and heavier glass, and the overall gap thinner meaning less energy efficiency - though differences will not be earth shattering
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,086Posts Today

9,919Users online

Martin's Twitter