Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danielle1985x
    • By Danielle1985x 14th Feb 18, 6:51 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Danielle1985x
    Will I be accepted for PCP
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:51 AM
    Will I be accepted for PCP 14th Feb 18 at 6:51 AM
    Obviously I know no body can tell me for definite, but just interested in other peopleís situations and whether they got accepted.

My credit score is poor, I have 6 missed payments on a catalogue account 4 months ago. Stupid I know, but Iíve learnt the error of my ways. My Equifax score is excellent, Experian poor, but I cannot see any differences on either of the files.

I have 3 credit cards, 1 Barclays which balance is now 0, credit limit £5000, and an MBNA card which I just opened to transfer my balance is £3500 credit limit around £4,500. Iím surprised I even got approved for this with such an poor credit score?
    Nationwide credit card with £1500 limit not used in years.

Mortgage for just over 3 years, never missed or been late.

Car finance of £6k left, finishes in October. Never missed or been late on a payment either, by October time do you think my score will be good enough to be approved on another deal? If I stay with the same lender, will they run another credit check or just top up my loan.

Just wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation and what was their outcome?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Feb 18, 7:04 AM
    • 15,487 Posts
    • 16,415 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:04 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:04 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73878360#post73878360

Duplicate thread here.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 14th Feb 18, 7:43 AM
    • 30,925 Posts
    • 19,556 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:43 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:43 AM
    Why don't you save up then there's no need for finance.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 14th Feb 18, 2:42 PM
    • 2,207 Posts
    • 1,592 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:42 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:42 PM
    My credit score is poor, I have 6 missed payments on a catalogue account 4 months ago. Stupid I know, but Iíve learnt the error of my ways.
    Originally posted by Danielle1985x
    I would argue that given you're wanting to get yourself £1000s in debt with loan repayments of £100s over 3 or 4 years that you clearly haven't.
    Car finance of £6k left, finishes in October. Never missed or been late on a payment either, by October time do you think my score will be good enough to be approved on another deal?
    Unless your current car is on PCP you are better off keeping it when you've paid for it and saving for another one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,526Users online

Martin's Twitter