Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danielle1985x
    • By Danielle1985x 14th Feb 18, 6:49 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Danielle1985x
    Will I be accepted for PCP, poor credit.
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:49 AM
    Will I be accepted for PCP, poor credit. 14th Feb 18 at 6:49 AM
    Obviously I know no body can tell me for definite, but just interested in other peopleís situations and whether they got accepted.

My credit score is poor, I have 6 missed payments on a catalogue account 4 months ago. Stupid I know, but Iíve learnt the error of my ways. My Equifax score is excellent, Experian poor, but I cannot see any differences on either of the files.

I have 3 credit cards, 1 Barclays which balance is now 0, credit limit £5000, and an MBNA card which I just opened to transfer my balance is £3500 credit limit around £4,500. Iím surprised I even got approved for this with such an poor credit score?
    Nationwide credit card with £1500 limit not used in years.

Mortgage for just over 3 years, never missed or been late.

Car finance of £6k left, finishes in October. Never missed or been late on a payment either, by October time do you think my score will be good enough to be approved on another deal? If I stay with the same lender, will they run another credit check or just top up my loan.

Just wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation and what was their outcome?

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Feb 18, 6:54 AM
    • 15,491 Posts
    • 16,416 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:54 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:54 AM
    The score aren't used in deciding whether you get credit. They're made up. Only your credit history matters.

Any further borrowing will be subject to a credit check and a new loan. Whether you are accepted will depend on lenders criteria.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 14th Feb 18, 7:45 AM
    • 30,925 Posts
    • 19,557 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:45 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:45 AM
    Replied on your other thread.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 14th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    tonyh66
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    are you paying £6k off over the next 9 months?, you probably will get PCP if you are already on one.
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 14th Feb 18, 12:46 PM
    • 4,086 Posts
    • 3,520 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:46 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:46 PM
    My Equifax score is excellent, Experian poor, but I cannot see any differences on either of the files.
    Originally posted by Danielle1985x

Proof, if any were needed, that the "scores" dished out by the CRAs are as useful and meaningful as a Donald Trump tweet
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
    • Mahsroh
    • By Mahsroh 14th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    Mahsroh
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    You will always be guessing, as you've alluded to in your opening sentence.

Generally with PCP I think the chances of being approved a higher than say a bank loan or credit card, because the debt is secured against the car and the person offering the finance is trying to sell you a car, so it's in their interests to approve the application. It really is guessing game though.

My other half has got a 2 year old default in her credit history (paid/settled in full) relating to an old store credit involving her ex (don't ask!) and i'm 50/50 whether she'll get approved for PCP later this year, as she has little else in her credit history (no credit cards) - just her mobile phone and a Next store card/account. But we've just got apply and hope for the best.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 14th Feb 18, 2:43 PM
    • 2,207 Posts
    • 1,593 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:43 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 2:43 PM
    Why doesn't she just save up to get a car?
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 14th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    tonyh66
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    Why doesn't she just save up to get a car?
    Originally posted by Tarambor
    I think most people don't have the spare cash to save up a large amount over a short period, e.g £200 p/m = 10 months to buy a £2000 car, what do you do before you have a lump to spend?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

998Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @brendyeire: @MartinSLewis A good bit more. Would have eaten more ten years ago, but was a student then. Now working FT and can afford m?

• RT @twikki: @MartinSLewis Quit meat in January and saved about £50-100 a month on my shopping and eating out. Feel a lot healthier about my?

• Today's twitter poll: How much meat & poultry do you eat now compared to ten years ago?

• Follow Martin