Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • slitemere
    • By slitemere 13th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    slitemere
    Parking Eye LBCCC but no Notice to Keeper
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    Parking Eye LBCCC but no Notice to Keeper 13th Feb 18 at 3:07 PM
    Very briefly
    Just received Letter before county court claim from Parking eye for an alleged incident on 18th december.
    Letter is dated 9th feb 2018
    letter refers to a second letter dated 25th Jan 2018

Problem
    This is the first letter I have received from Parking Eye, I have no details on the incident other than the date it occured, no notice to keeper, not letter dated Jan 25th.

On paper it looks like I have been ignoring their previous letters, but if I haven't received them what should I do? it is quite likely that the original notice to keeper was send over the busy Xmas period and got lost
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,283 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    same answer as stated on pepipoo a few mins ago , if not you then read the answer

edit , the dates are different :

read http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=118670
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 8,226 Posts
    • 7,544 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    Parking Eye were named and shamed in the HoC recently as scammers, see the video here

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Give the pot a stir and complain in robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they could be toast by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 13-02-2018 at 3:43 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    • 54,086 Posts
    • 67,757 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    At LBCCC stage you can still 'appeal' and PE might still give you a POPLA code. They are unusual in that, and it's their one redeeming feature that you CAN appeal and push for POPLA, unlike with most PPCs.

So, I would email them and enclose any receipts or bank statements relating to spending at that retail park (if you know which one) by the family during the week before Christmas (NB a Bank Statement would have the date 1-3 working days after a transaction, and that's normal & OK as evidence).

DO NOT state who was driving but do tell them this is the first you have heard of the matter, received no Notice in the post earlier, and if they refuse to consider the ADR of POPLA due to this failure on their part to ensure a letter was received, you will complain to the retailers and to your MP. MAKE SURE YOU SAY THAT BIT, IT MAKES THEM SIT UP!

If they reply asking who was driving, tell them you have no idea, more than one person used the car for Christmas shopping and you want your POPLA code:

enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

ALSO repeat the appeal on their appeals page, as well as emailing the litigation 'team' above.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• slitemere
    • By slitemere 14th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slitemere
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    Incident was at Fleet services on the M3, I know the services very well. There are signs all over the car park like a forest but they are all confusing with very, very small writing and there is no way of paying or parking in the car park. I think you have to go to WH Smiths or something like that.

I did go there on the day, I am very aware of the parking limit, and I know I was there for exactly 2 hours but as I don't know where the ANPR cameras are located it is quite possible that my login and logout time is 10-15 minutes longer as it was quite busy and took a while to park. I have no receipts or proof of how long I was there, but could sign a witness statement.

As I haven't received the NTK I don't really know what I am appealing against, but if it was over 2 hours it would be a very short time over this, so £100 is not really a fair charge is it?

Perhaps I should offer to pay them thee £15 parking fee?
    Last edited by slitemere; 14-02-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Feb 18, 1:00 PM
    • 54,086 Posts
    • 67,757 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:00 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 1:00 PM
    Perhaps I should offer to pay them thee £15 parking fee?
    No, told you what to say. Do as advised.

Surely it doesn't cost fifteen quid to park there! Extortionate.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• slitemere
    • By slitemere 14th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slitemere
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    Thanks

You use a lot of acronyms - what is ADR?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 5,701 Posts
    • 4,420 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    You use a lot of acronyms - what is ADR?
    Originally posted by slitemere
    Is google not working for you?

ADR = Alternative dispute resolution
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,502Posts Today

8,273Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks for all the tweets this week. I'm about to sign off for the weekend. See you next week. Have a good one. Martin

• RT @TimesMoney: Is this how you feel about your student loan? @MartinSLewis has some advice for you. Read our exclusive interview in @Times?

• RT @brokenbottleboy: @MartinSLewis I look better now than I did when I was in my twenties. Grey hair has been a good thing!

• Follow Martin