Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • euronorris
    • By euronorris 13th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    • 9,997Posts
    • 46,624Thanks
    euronorris
    Child Tax Credits Renewal - Did I miss it
    • 13th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    Child Tax Credits Renewal - Did I miss it 13th Feb 18 at 11:13 AM
    Hi

I submitted a claim for child tax credits on 11th April 2017, which was awarded and is in payment.

I have never received a renewal pack, and it slipped my mind that there was even a renewals process until now and I see that the deadline was, of course, 31 January 2018!

My question is, as I only started claiming this tax year, was a renewal due, or does that start from next year?

I did login to the system in May to notify them of a pay increase I received, but that wouldn't count as renewal would it?

Just trying to figure out if I need to be calling them at lunch to try and sort this out!

TIA

E x
    September Wins: 4 Cartoon Network Graphic Novels, Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Bin
    October Wins: Aquaplane, LittleDish Halloween 'Play Prompts' and a box of GoGos, A 'sweet treat', Set of Karpaults
    November Wins: 50p (Quidco), Bee's Adventures In Cake Decorating Book
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 13th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    • 4,888 Posts
    • 3,168 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    You won't be asked to renew until the tax year has ended which isn't until 5th April 2018. You'll be sent a renewal between April and June.
    • Icequeen99
    • By Icequeen99 13th Feb 18, 2:12 PM
    • 3,506 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    Icequeen99
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:12 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:12 PM
    Hi

I submitted a claim for child tax credits on 11th April 2017, which was awarded and is in payment.

I have never received a renewal pack, and it slipped my mind that there was even a renewals process until now and I see that the deadline was, of course, 31 January 2018!

My question is, as I only started claiming this tax year, was a renewal due, or does that start from next year?

I did login to the system in May to notify them of a pay increase I received, but that wouldn't count as renewal would it?

Just trying to figure out if I need to be calling them at lunch to try and sort this out!

TIA

E x
    Originally posted by euronorris
    DS is right - but the deadline is 31 July. The 31 Jan deadline is only for people who could only give estimated income by 31 July.

IQ
    • euronorris
    • By euronorris 13th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    • 9,997 Posts
    • 46,624 Thanks
    euronorris
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    Thank you both. Panic over!
    September Wins: 4 Cartoon Network Graphic Novels, Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Bin
    October Wins: Aquaplane, LittleDish Halloween 'Play Prompts' and a box of GoGos, A 'sweet treat', Set of Karpaults
    November Wins: 50p (Quidco), Bee's Adventures In Cake Decorating Book
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,664Posts Today

9,717Users online

Martin's Twitter