Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MadMat
    • By MadMat 13th Feb 18, 10:24 AM
    • 238Posts
    • 109Thanks
    MadMat
    When exactly does a CCJ drop off your file ?
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:24 AM
    When exactly does a CCJ drop off your file ? 13th Feb 18 at 10:24 AM
    I got a CCJ on 13th Feb 2012, so it's due to drop off my file "Today"

I want to apply for a credit card once it does, So when would it be safe to apply and know for sure the card provider wouldn't see it? would tomorrow be ok or should I wait till the end of the month?

Mat
Page 1
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 13th Feb 18, 11:32 AM
    • 323 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    • 13th Feb 18, 11:32 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 11:32 AM
    Personally id wait a month to ensure all trace has gone.
    If my appalling spelling offends you that much...dont read my posts.
  • National Debtline
    • 13th Feb 18, 11:44 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 11:44 AM
    Hi Mat

A CCJ should drop off your credit file 6 years after it was made but your credit file is only updated for once a month. On that basis is best to wait until the CCJ has definitely been removed and then apply for the credit card.

You can check your credit file for free at:

www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    www.noddle.co.uk and
    www.clearscore.com

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 14th Feb 18, 4:45 AM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 890 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:45 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:45 AM
    Strictly speaking it's not on your credit file, it's on the Register of Judgments and CRAs merely parse data from that. When it's off the register after 6 years it's off your credit history. You can search yourself on the register and it costs £6:
    https://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/entries-on-the-england-and-wales-register/ccjs-and-the-register
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 14th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    • 323 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    Strictly speaking it's not on your credit file, it's on the Register of Judgments and CRAs merely parse data from that. When it's off the register after 6 years it's off your credit history. You can search yourself on the register and it costs £6:
    https://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/entries-on-the-england-and-wales-register/ccjs-and-the-register
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    Sorry but how on earth does that help...compare spending £6 to spending £0.00 on the free reports.

To the OP id say again wait a month to ensure its gone,credit card approval is instant mostly and should have card and pin with in a week...so relax and wait a few more weeks.
    If my appalling spelling offends you that much...dont read my posts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,459Users online

Martin's Twitter