Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TobyLarone
    • By TobyLarone 13th Feb 18, 10:04 AM
    • 57Posts
    • 6Thanks
    TobyLarone
    Contractor Mortgages
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:04 AM
    Contractor Mortgages 13th Feb 18 at 10:04 AM
    Hi All

An opportunity has come up for a contracting job at work. My house is currently on the market so will be needing a new mortgage soon. A lot of mortgages require a couple of years worth of accounts to prove you're earning the necessary.

Just weighing up my options on if I should go for the job. Any contractors out there have any experience of getting a mortgage so soon into it?

Thanks
Page 1
    • buggy_boy
    • By buggy_boy 13th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    • 146 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    buggy_boy
    • 13th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    I think you need to be a bit more clear as to your situation... What is your current position and what position are you looking to get too?

You can get a mortgage as a contractor but the tests will be more stringent, best to go to a mortgage broker. (Make sure its an all market independent mortgage broker)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

1,332Users online

Martin's Twitter