Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Hmsxxxx
    • By Hmsxxxx 12th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Hit and run and excess refund?
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    Hit and run and excess refund? 12th Feb 18 at 11:10 PM
    Hi, on Wednesday I was involved in a nasty accident, third party practically wiped me out, hit a tree and ran off. He has not been found and the car is coming back as uninsured my car has been written off and I am having to pay my £550 excess. I have been told my my insurer (admiral) that I may be able to claim this back from the motor bureau but have recently read on their website that they do not deal with fully comp? Is this true? Rather stressed and upset any help will be appreciated.
Page 1
    • redux
    • By redux 12th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    • 18,175 Posts
    • 23,432 Thanks
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    I don't know, but if it is true why can't Admiral claim this on your behalf?
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 13th Feb 18, 12:18 AM
    • 4,740 Posts
    • 5,243 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:18 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:18 AM
    Yes you have to claim via your own insurance to mitigate your losses but you can still, make a claim for things not covered by your insurance, such as your excess, losses suffered through injury and damage to other property, such as bikes being carried on the car.

If you download the claims form you will see there is a section for claiming your excess.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,602Users online

Martin's Twitter