Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lovetoad
    • By Lovetoad 12th Feb 18, 8:11 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Lovetoad
    First Plus Ppi claim success!
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:11 PM
    First Plus Ppi claim success! 12th Feb 18 at 8:11 PM
    Just wanted to share our success in a PPI claim with First Plus, after reading others posts on their success it spurred me on to try again! :

Having applied to first plus a few years ago and got given a flat no on a ppi claim, thought I'd try my luck again, this time through the "Resolver".

We had an original loan with first plus back in 2000 and then increased the amount in 2004, we did get our cash back in 2009. I couldn't find the docs for the loan, we had paid it off in 2011 when we sold up and moved abroad for a few years, so I completed the details I could on the resolver site and sent a letter which I got from another post. I didn't hear anything for a while, then we had a letter to call and cnfm details as our address wasn't now the same as on our loan, both hubby and I and do it, amd we had to have higher security (their words) too.... random questions on places we lived to be honest it just seemed they were making us jump through hoops but hey ho.

Then a week later we got a cheque each,,,,, total amount a few pounds short of £39k! Yes they paid us almost £39,000 for our ppi claim, we couldn't believe it, was expecting about £8k, this was unbelievable and surprising. Deff go for it and don't use claim companies there is absolutely no need it's so easy really.

Thanks to all for your advice, as reading these got me to claim and be £39000 better off!
    Last edited by Lovetoad; 12-02-2018 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Typo!
Page 1
    • Millown
    • By Millown 13th Feb 18, 3:30 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Millown
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:30 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:30 AM
    Lovetoad Fantastic and thanks for sharing.
    • amersall
    • By amersall 13th Feb 18, 8:17 AM
    • 15,217 Posts
    • 18,810 Thanks
    amersall
    • 13th Feb 18, 8:17 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 8:17 AM
    Love a win with FP could not have happened to a nicer company

• Lovetoad
    • By Lovetoad 13th Feb 18, 1:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lovetoad
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:25 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:25 PM
    Me too! Really hate that we were sucked in by them, would never do it again and shudder when I think of the feeling of dread getting those interest rate increase letters which seemed like every other month, but then would we have £39k sitting in our bank otherwise? Probably not..... but they're still snakes !
    Last edited by Lovetoad; 13-02-2018 at 1:26 PM. Reason: ..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,353Posts Today

8,080Users online

Martin's Twitter