Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • k6chris
    • By k6chris 12th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 206Posts
    • 353Thanks
    k6chris
    Buying / selling funds - what does it mean?
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    Buying / selling funds - what does it mean? 12th Feb 18 at 6:37 PM
    In the continuing process of understanding how much I don't understand, I was looking at the factsheets for 2 funds I own as part of a broader portfolio. I understand how buying and selling individual shares work, but not how it works for funds. From the factsheets I read;

Fund One

Trading frequency (cut-off) Daily (10:00 London Time)
    Settlement T+2
    Valuation point Underlying Market Close
    Pricing Times: 21.00 Daily

Fund Two

Settlement Trade Date + 3 days
    Dealing Frequency Daily, forward pricing basis
    Pricing Times: 12.00 Daily

For the first fund, does it mean that in order to buy, I need to have my order placed by 10:00am and the price I buy at will be the closing price at 21:00 that day (and presumably the same for selling). The money will then leave my account 3 days later (or arrive 3 days later)??

For Fund 2, do I need to have my order in before 12:00 and the pricing will be whatever is is at 12:00 on the same day??

Thanks (as usual!)
    EatingSoup
Page 1
    • le loup
    • By le loup 12th Feb 18, 9:56 PM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 3,681 Thanks
    le loup
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:56 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:56 PM
    Your understanding is correct although your platform provider may require longer notice of a transaction - for example - the day before.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,350Posts Today

9,267Users online

Martin's Twitter