Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • madlyn
    • By madlyn 12th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 587Posts
    • 99Thanks
    madlyn
    Luxating Patella AKA The Jack Russell Hop
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    Luxating Patella AKA The Jack Russell Hop 12th Feb 18 at 6:20 PM
    My 7 Year old Jack Russell started to limp on one of her back legs last week so off to the vets we went.
    He diagnosed her with a Luxating Patella but after a good examination he said he knee cap seems to be out of joint all the time.
    Pain relief was prescribed and we go back in 2 weeks for a check up, but before we left he started going through some of the options, one of which was an Xray if nothing has changed, and depending on what that shows surgery may be needed, so having done some research it seems it is a 50/50 split as to whether surgery is really successful, which is something I don't want to put her through if this is the case.
    Has anyone else had or has a dog with this problem? if so could I ask what was the outcome for you? a rough idea of the cost and what sort of aftercare is needed?
Page 1
    • Jellybro
    • By Jellybro 19th Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    Jellybro
    • 19th Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    • 19th Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    My cavalier King Charles had an operation for this in January. Her knee kept popping out all the time, so as she is only 9 months, we were advised to have her sorted out sooner rather than later as younger dogs heal quicker apparently.
    It has been a long recovery..... but all was going well until she got very boisterous only today and now seems to be limping again.
    The vet said she was a grade 3 and she would have got worse if we hadn!!!8217;t done anything.
    The cost was around 700, but we have pet plan, and thankfully they covered the cost.
    I think it!!!8217;s a long recovery but worth it if she can run and chase a ball and play with no pain in the future.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,655Users online

Martin's Twitter