Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 12th Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    • 57Posts
    • 30Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    Flexdirect..2nd bite of the cherry after 5 months
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    Flexdirect..2nd bite of the cherry after 5 months 12th Feb 18 at 4:44 PM
    My Flex direct stopped paying 5% in September..I kept it for the Regular saver that matured in December and renewed the regular saver ( albeit at the reduced £250/month )

I've now set to switch to Halifax for the £125. I was wandering if I could preserve the regular saver by applying for the FlexAccount but when I clicked through it "allowed me"to apply successfully for a new Flexdirect...I wander if this will be picked up or do they allow a second new flexdirect account to open after a few months ?...anyone had any experience with this ?
Page 1
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 12th Feb 18, 4:56 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    youngretired
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:56 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:56 PM
    You are allowed more than 1 FlexDirect account at any time, but the rate will only be 1%. They have closed the loop hole of being able to have the 5% again. You might be given 5% for a few months and then it will be reduced or since the new T&C's in January they may just do the 1% straight away.
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 12th Feb 18, 5:00 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    • 12th Feb 18, 5:00 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 5:00 PM
    You are allowed more than 1 FlexDirect account at any time, but the rate will only be 1%. They have closed the loop hole of being able to have the 5% again. You might be given 5% for a few months and then it will be reduced or since the new T&C's in January they may just do the 1% straight away.
    Originally posted by youngretired
    Cheers , worth doing then anyway to preserve the Regular saver
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 12th Feb 18, 6:13 PM
    • 29,897 Posts
    • 17,771 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:13 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 6:13 PM
    I was wandering if I could preserve the regular saver by applying for the FlexAccount but when I clicked through it "allowed me"to apply successfully for a new Flexdirect...
    Originally posted by buyhighselllow
    You're lucky you applied for the wrong account, because a new FlexAccount on it's own wouldn't have "preserved" the regular saver would it?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

500Posts Today

5,803Users online

Martin's Twitter