Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kronstar
    • By Kronstar 12th Feb 18, 2:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kronstar
    Missed Service Charge
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:35 PM
    Missed Service Charge 12th Feb 18 at 2:35 PM
    Hi there, last September I came to the end of my PCP contract on a new car, I decided to return the car rather than continue with a new model or pay the final payment so I sent the forms back to them at the start of August and they acknowledged this. The letter they sent back stated the collection team would be in contact with me to arrange the final inspection 7 days before the contract end date (31st Sep), this never happened and I had to chase them on several occasions before anyone got back to me. Anyway, after several phone calls to Manheim Auctions (who carry out the inspections) I spoke to Nissan directly telling them of my concern that my contract date had passed & no-one could tell me when the vehicle would be collected, during this time they kept reminding me I was liable for the up-keep of the vehicle which wasn't an issue as i had taken it off the road and it was sitting gathering dust in the drive. After a number of weeks I was finally given an inspection date of the 16th November, baring in mind my finance contract ended on the 31st Sept, but by then the car was due another service and they are trying to charge me £175 for this. I spoke to RCI Financal Services who organised the finance and was very aggressively told pay up or we will pursue you! I told them that on several occasions I had tried to contact them to organize collection and that they had failed to implement their own procedure stated in the letter they sent, they simply said "tough, you are liable for the car until we get collected" so I asked if I would've been charged if they had collected the car at the end of the agreement, they said no. So basically because they dragged their feet for a few months I have been saddled with a £175 bill for a car I don't even own now. Has anyone ever had this problem before and should I dig my heels in with them?
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 12th Feb 18, 3:01 PM
    • 5,044 Posts
    • 5,556 Thanks
    societys child
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:01 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:01 PM
    Please edit and split the wall of text into paragraphs. You'll get more response if it's easier to read

• loskie
    • By loskie 12th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 1,214 Posts
    • 725 Thanks
    loskie
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    Not had this issue but if what you say is true then unfair on their part. Do you have records of conversations with the collection agent?
    Write to them with clear reasons why you will not and should not pay. If they take you to small claims court they will not have a leg to stand on.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 12th Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    • 2,207 Posts
    • 1,592 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    Tell them that it wasn't your vehicle once the contract ended so you're not liable for any costs from thereon in. Inform them THEY broke the terms of the contract by not doing the inspection 7 days before the end and collecting it when they were supposed to and if they want to play silly sods then you'll bill them £20 a day for storage for the 6 weeks they didn't collect it as they were supposed to do.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,480Users online

Martin's Twitter