Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • glyndore
    • By glyndore 12th Feb 18, 2:30 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    glyndore
    Confused by a PPI respose and offer
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:30 PM
    Confused by a PPI respose and offer 12th Feb 18 at 2:30 PM
    Can someone offer me some advice please. We were sold PPI by Anglian double glazing in connection with a conservatory. At the time the representative intimated that we would need ppi to obtain the finance. So we took it out. Five years ago I tried to claim the PPI back but Anglian refused the claim and I didn't pursue it. However with the introduction of the resolver site i did try to make a Pleven claim and again they refused stating it wasn't covered by that ruling. I entered some other companies details on resolver This has led to GE money making an offer under Plevin rules to offer a payment of £777.00 in regard to PPI insurance taken out under that Anglian policy. I have also now found out that I wasn't covered under the policy anyway, and only my partner was. The cover was certainly unsuitable for her and had we known it would only cover her we wouldn't have taken it out. My query is can i claim or my partner make another claim for mis sold PPI and if so should we accept this Plevin payout offer by GE money, or would that negate a further claim on the PPI. GE money say they cannot deal with the mis selling of the PPI as this was sold by Anglian windows. Furthermore why did Anglian windows state Plevin wasn't appropriate when GE have made an offer for the same policy. I am completely confused.
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 12th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 15,478 Posts
    • 22,079 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    Can someone offer me some advice please. We were sold PPI by Anglian double glazing in connection with a conservatory. At the time the representative intimated that we would need ppi to obtain the finance. So we took it out. Five years ago I tried to claim the PPI back but Anglian refused the claim and I didn't pursue it. However with the introduction of the resolver site i did try to make a Pleven claim and again they refused stating it wasn't covered by that ruling. I entered some other companies details on resolver This has led to GE money making an offer under Plevin rules to offer a payment of £777.00 in regard to PPI insurance taken out under that Anglian policy. I have also now found out that I wasn't covered under the policy anyway, and only my partner was. The cover was certainly unsuitable for her and had we known it would only cover her we wouldn't have taken it out. My query is can i claim or my partner make another claim for mis sold PPI and if so should we accept this Plevin payout offer by GE money, or would that negate a further claim on the PPI. GE money say they cannot deal with the mis selling of the PPI as this was sold by Anglian windows. Furthermore why did Anglian windows state Plevin wasn't appropriate when GE have made an offer for the same policy. I am completely confused.
    Originally posted by glyndore
    Your PPI mis-selling complaint was declined five years ago. That's now dead in the water.

Take the £777.00 and move on.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    • 91,124 Posts
    • 58,142 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    Five years ago I tried to claim the PPI back but Anglian refused the claim and I didn't pursue it.
    That is when it was over.

or would that negate a further claim on the PPI.
    You complained already and were rejected. Its gone. its over.
    If you bought before Jan 2005 (which most of Anglian ones with GE were) then that would be why it was rejected and no amount of complaining will get you a refund.

GE money say they cannot deal with the mis selling of the PPI as this was sold by Anglian windows.
    That is correct. Complaining to them is like complaining to Tesco for something you bought in ASDA.

Furthermore why did Anglian windows state Plevin wasn't appropriate when GE have made an offer for the same policy.
    GE had the liability under Plevin. Anglian had the liability for the sale.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,570Users online

Martin's Twitter