Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Forest657
    • By Forest657 12th Feb 18, 11:23 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Forest657
    Spark Energy
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:23 AM
    Spark Energy 12th Feb 18 at 11:23 AM
    Hi

Do I have to just accept what I am being told, that I am stuck on a tariff £300 more than I could be paying, or what can I do?

Long story, I got an email saying they can switch me from payment meter to direct debit and that I will not only save lots of money but that I will get £50 fro switching (been a customer for 5 years approx.)

The usage they quoted me as using is way more than I am paying atm too.
    Several livechats later I give up trying to work out my usage and trying to change (literally every time they couldn't give me an answer they told me 'tech trouble can you try again later'.

So I ring up, to try and get answers, only to be put on hold, then come back to me to say they cant switch me and I have to stay on this tariff and there is nothing I or they can do about it.

Is this true?

My rent is 50% of my income, and I have huge debts. Why should I have to pay approx. 25% more than my neighbours for the same thing?
Page 1
    • Spark Energy: Jenny
      Verified User verified user
    • By Spark Energy: Jenny Verified User verified user 12th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Spark Energy: Jenny
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    Hi Forest657

Sorry to hear you're not happy.

Tariffs are linked to payment types, so if you want to switch to a tariff for Direct Debit customers, you would need to have your meters exchanged for credit meters.

I wouldn't have expected your pre-payment tariff to be overly expensive, as there's a cap on those tariffs, and I've noticed that in some areas it's actually cheaper to have our pre-payment tariff than a Direct Debit tariff.

If you can contact me using the details in my profile, confirming your full name and supply address, I can check your account notes and tariffs to see if there's anything else we can do to help.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Forest657
    • By Forest657 12th Feb 18, 3:56 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Forest657
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:56 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:56 PM
    In the interest of fairness, I would like to confirm to anyone reading that contact has been made, very satisfactorily so far

Thank you Jenny
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,631Users online

Martin's Twitter