Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BertieUK
    • By BertieUK 11th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    • 1,685Posts
    • 3,717Thanks
    BertieUK
    Video Converters for Samsung Galaxy S8
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    Video Converters for Samsung Galaxy S8 11th Feb 18 at 7:01 PM
    I am looking to purchase a good Video Converter for my Samsung S8+, at a reasonable price.

I would like to make a one-off payment and not have to enter into a monthly payment plan.

I would like to be able to edit my videos and cut/trim etc also to be able to add music.

Has any member of this fine Forum any experience of Video Converters?

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 11th Feb 18, 8:12 PM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 646 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:12 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:12 PM
    Most smartphones record in MP4 format. Which most if not all computers can play or edit.

Windows Movie Maker if you can get hold of it IIRC can work with MP4 files on a basic level.

For more advanced, see here:
    https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-video-editing-software-programs-4128924
    • RumRat
    • By RumRat 11th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 2,640 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    RumRat
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    Hi, you can use the phone to do what you want.
    Watch this video to save me typing it all out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJzGMhT3Og

Unless you want to achieve more complicated results, I hope this helps.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
    • BertieUK
    • By BertieUK 11th Feb 18, 10:08 PM
    • 1,685 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    BertieUK
    • 11th Feb 18, 10:08 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 10:08 PM
    Most smartphones record in MP4 format. Which most if not all computers can play or edit.

Windows Movie Maker if you can get hold of it IIRC can work with MP4 files on a basic level.

For more advanced, see here:
    https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-video-editing-software-programs-4128924
    Originally posted by Neil Jones

Neil Jones thanks for your input.. You have given me the lead into more or less what I am looking for, and should give me a great start.

This is my very first Smartphone and being the older generation, retired and interested in new technology, such as taking videos and possibly 'stringing clips together' I am good to go.

Many thanks and kind regards...
    • BertieUK
    • By BertieUK 11th Feb 18, 10:22 PM
    • 1,685 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    BertieUK
    • 11th Feb 18, 10:22 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 10:22 PM
    Hi, you can use the phone to do what you want.
    Watch this video to save me typing it all out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJzGMhT3Og

Unless you want to achieve more complicated results, I hope this helps.
    Originally posted by RumRat

RumRat many thanks for your input also, as I said in my answer to Neil Jones kind post...

...This is my very first Smartphone and being the older generation, retired and interested in new technology, such as taking videos and possibly 'stringing clips together' I am good to go.

I will watch these video over a good few times to get the grasp of what to some members is, as easy as buttering toast to them, but to me it is a whole new world.

Kind regards...
    • RumRat
    • By RumRat 11th Feb 18, 11:35 PM
    • 2,640 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    RumRat
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:35 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:35 PM
    RumRat many thanks for your input also, as I said in my answer to Neil Jones kind post...

...This is my very first Smartphone and being the older generation, retired and interested in new technology, such as taking videos and possibly 'stringing clips together' I am good to go.

I will watch these video over a good few times to get the grasp of what to some members is, as easy as buttering toast to them, but to me it is a whole new world.

Kind regards...
    Originally posted by BertieUK
    Nothing stands still, at the very least you are trying, instead of sitting back and bemoaning the fact it's running away from you.
    Good luck and Respect.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 12th Feb 18, 12:58 AM
    • 26,613 Posts
    • 10,686 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:58 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:58 AM
    Why a video converter though? If you need to play a video on the phone install VLC.

If your recording on the phone them its in a format it can play anyway.

Free video editing built into windows. Its simple enough until it doesnt do a special effect you must have.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • BertieUK
    • By BertieUK 12th Feb 18, 8:33 AM
    • 1,685 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    BertieUK
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:33 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:33 AM
    Why a video converter though? If you need to play a video on the phone install VLC.

If your recording on the phone them its in a format it can play anyway.

Free video editing built into windows. Its simple enough until it doesnt do a special effect you must have.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname

forgotmyname thanks for your input. My excuse is at eighty years old and not having the best of eyesight, manipulating the 'menus' do not come easily, but as RumRat kindly said, at least I am trying.

I wish to link together several small video clips together to give the video more interest and I maybe thought that a 'Video convertor' would be what I was looking for.

kind regards...
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 12th Feb 18, 8:51 AM
    • 5,727 Posts
    • 2,205 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:51 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:51 AM
    I wish to link together several small video clips together to give the video more interest and I maybe thought that a 'Video convertor' would be what I was looking for.
    Originally posted by BertieUK
    have a look at quik. its really easy to use and you can edit, join & add music in minutes on your phone. it also has some cool templates.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stupeflix.replay
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • BertieUK
    • By BertieUK 12th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    • 1,685 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    BertieUK
    have a look at quik. its really easy to use and you can edit, join & add music in minutes on your phone. it also has some cool templates.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stupeflix.replay
    Originally posted by dipsomaniac

dipsomaniac Thanks for your input...

...To coin a modern phrase - This looks 'awesome'

Kind regards...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,277Posts Today

8,172Users online

Martin's Twitter