Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 11th Feb 18, 3:02 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    0 WOW
    Where to look?
    • 11th Feb 18, 3:02 PM
    0 WOW
    Where to look? 11th Feb 18 at 3:02 PM
    So I haven't been abroad for 10 years and want to go away, ideally wanted to go for Christmas and stay somewhere warm in a village but it is coming back a little more expensive than we first thought so I only know of Thomas Cook and National Holidays to look for holidays with - Ideally I like to get everything in one place and we have 4 children
    Inspiration much appreciated.
Page 1
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 11th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    Prices shoot up over the festive period, there's no way of avoiding that.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Feb 18, 5:09 PM
    • 30,912 Posts
    • 19,545 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 11th Feb 18, 5:09 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 5:09 PM
    Can you increase your budget to accomodate the increase in prices ?

Where is it you want to go ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 11th Feb 18, 7:55 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:55 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:55 PM
    Somewhere warm enough to sit out by the pool on an evening. For a villa for one week in the canaries I am looking at £3700. In October same place same duration is £2500. Both school holidays.

I would settle for a city break somewhere like Venice or Italy for 5 days over Xmas if it could be around £1500 or less.
    • Placitasgirl
    • By Placitasgirl 11th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    Placitasgirl
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    For warmth around Christmas you really need to be looking at The Canaries; Italy certainly won't be warm enough to sit out by the pool in the evenings..... unless you're wrapped in a few layers and a blanket!

Morocco is warm in the day, but does cool down pretty quickly in the evenings; Marrakesh or Agadir could be an option, but we were there in early December and although the days were beautifully warm it was too cold to sit outside or eat outside after about 5pm.
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 12th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    Can you be more specific - class of hotel, board basis, number of nights and departure airport(s) etc. ?

Venice will be costly over Xmas - it's expensive even outside peak times !!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,125Posts Today

10,036Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm a little torn tonight with #mcfc on BBC1, but I will be watching ITV at 8pm!

• Have you set the Betamax? If not just watch @itvMLshow tonight 8pm. On the best way to save for your child (or gran? https://t.co/fFER6xIFpa

• I've been asked a few times if I'd been approached about chairing or being on the independent panel on post 18/stud? https://t.co/LpWASObp9k

• Follow Martin