Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 11th Feb 18, 8:22 AM
    • 828Posts
    • 984Thanks
    Ebay have actually impressed me this time . . .
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:22 AM
    Ebay have actually impressed me this time . . . 11th Feb 18 at 8:22 AM
    Had a buyer open a case for INR. Checked the tracking, delivery attempted the day after posting, item at Delivery Office awaiting collection/re-delivery. Stated this via the case, along with RM contact details/links for re-delivery.

Buyer did not collect item and time is running out on the case. Cynical part of me thinks, they are going to escalate the case then collect the item.

Ring Ebay, who look at the case, check the tracking and close it in my favour as "delivery had been attempted"! Completely gobsmacked as I didn't know that they did this (or did I just get lucky?). Took the wind right out of my sails as I'd been gearing up for a bit of a fight.
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Feb 18, 12:33 PM
    • 12,025 Posts
    • 8,144 Thanks
    • 11th Feb 18, 12:33 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 12:33 PM
    You got lucky. There is no part of seller protection that allows an attempt for the delivery of the item to the buyer.

Be warned, the buyer can still open an INR on Paypal and the same rules apply regarding tracking. Not only that, but UK legislation does not allow for an attempt only either.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,871Posts Today

8,544Users online

Martin's Twitter