Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lr1277
    • By lr1277 11th Feb 18, 1:44 AM
    • 541Posts
    • 313Thanks
    lr1277
    Chrome Misbehaving
    • 11th Feb 18, 1:44 AM
    Chrome Misbehaving 11th Feb 18 at 1:44 AM
    Hi

I hope you can help.

I am running Chrome on Win 10. However it is not finding web pages; coming back with the error about a lack of an internet connection. This applies whether I type the URL into the URL bar directly or use a Google link.
    I press the refresh icon (the almost complete circle with an arrowhead). In about 1% of times, the web page appears.

I checked the about page and am running the latest version of Chrome.

My copies of MS Explorer and MS Edge aren't having the same problems.

I quite like Chrome so would like to continue using it.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

LR
Page 1
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 11th Feb 18, 6:39 AM
    • 5,726 Posts
    • 2,205 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:39 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:39 AM
    If other browsers are working I would uninstall/reinstall chrome first (make sure you download from Google)
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • lr1277
    • By lr1277 11th Feb 18, 11:27 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    lr1277
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:27 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:27 PM
    Thanks. I tried that. The first URL entry in the bar worked after clicking the refresh icon about 10 times. Opened a new tab and took about 20 clicks of the refresh icon to bring up the web page I had entered in the URL bar.
    Will leave it for a while.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,833Posts Today

9,107Users online

Martin's Twitter