Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DizzyKay1111
    • By DizzyKay1111 11th Feb 18, 1:35 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DizzyKay1111
    Remortgaging with a partner
    • 11th Feb 18, 1:35 AM
    Remortgaging with a partner 11th Feb 18 at 1:35 AM
    Hello,
    I am currently on a 5 year fixed rate, the house belongs to me and my partner however on paper the house and the mortgage is just mine (due to partners poor credit history). When the fixed rate finishes and the time comes to remortgage, credit score allowing we would like to get a mortgage together. My partner will be a first time buyer. Can he use a help to buy ISA or LISA if he is buying into my house? Would we be able to get a joint mortgage or would we need to have separate ones and separate shares of the property? It's a few years off yet but if he can I would like to get it set up now so it's ready to go when the time comes.
Page 1
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 11th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 9,749 Posts
    • 5,251 Thanks
    dimbo61
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    No he cannot use Help to Buy or a LISA ( well they wont get the 25% bonus)
    Yes you can get a Joint mortgage
    You can sort the ownership of the property into 50/50 Joint ownership or Tenants in common with you both agreeing a share IE 70/30 or 80/20

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1594984/Tenants-common.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,729Users online

Martin's Twitter